“Average - at best”

Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 29 December 2013

This is a pretty bland hotel in all respects. I checked in shortly after 10pm and the bar was closed, so no snack or drink available. The room was just bland, and was just functional - wireless worked, TV, etc. Pretty close to a major highway but didn't hear any excessive noise. The next day the small and cramped breakfast area was mobbed, you literally couldn't get around. The buffet line was really weak, and after taking a look at the food coupled with the long and extremely slow moving line, I just left. Don't think I'd go back but it wasn't due to anything bad, it was just so humdrum.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Frank A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear funlonghorn,

We appreciate your comments and would like to thank you for your time to give us a review at Tripadvisor.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

I have returned to the HI OC Airport since having an event here in June. The entire staff, food and beverage, desk, everyone made the stay for my family a memorable one. There are no words enough to describe the at home feeling they give. Although, I live on the East Coast, I will return and continue to recommend this hotel to my many friends who travel.

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Frank A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Dear Betsy A,

We are so thrilled that you came back to our hotel and again gave us a wonderful review. As always the entire staff will always strive to excel our guests expectations and we are thankful that we made your stay a memorable one. We are all looking forward to your 3rd visit with us.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Dear
Upper Management of the Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport

Khalid was more than helpful. He was very friendly and was more than willing to help me. I had just got stuck in and over night layover and Khalid took me to the hotel then waited for me to get settled in and gave me a rid to get food. He treaty me like family and I am more thank pleased with his service. I would come back again based on his services alone, and I would recommend the hotel to others. Whatever he is getting paid it is not enough for how generous and helpful he was!

Sincerely
Ronald Thebeau

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Frank A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Dear Ronald T,

I highly appreciate the wonderful comment that you gave our Driver Khalid. He indeed excels in customer service. In behalf of the whole staff of the Holiday Inn Orange County Airport we thank you for the kind words that you accorded on Khalid.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I truly cannot say enough good things about this Hotel. Patricia Gonzalez and her entire sales/catering team, as well as the complete hotel staff, took care of our every request with great efficiency and a smile.
We held a large product/sales training seminar for the entire Western Region of Handicare USA, which includes 7 states, at this facility. They provided everything asked for, from a glass of water, to shuttle service above and beyond the call of duty.
I highly recommend that if your company is planning an event in this area, that you choose Holiday Inn Orange County Airport as your venue.

1  Thank Scott C
Frank A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Scott C,
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Orange County Airport for your event, I am pleased that you found our hotel to your satisfaction. In behalf of Patricia Gonzales and the entire staff we would like to convey our appreciation for the great comments. We are always ready to serve you.

Frank A.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

I had a great experience from the start upon checking in at this hotel. The manager, Mr. Frank Atayde was very accommodating and made my stay a memorable one. I will definitely recommend this hotel to all my business associates, family, and friends.

1  Thank Allen R
Frank A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Allen R,
I am humbled by your wonderful comment and pleased that you had a wonderful experience. Our superior level of service is what we strive for. Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Orange County Airport.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

This was the nicest 3-star hotel I can remember staying at. I feel it should be rated as a 3.5-star and to be honest, I enjoyed it more than some of the 4-stars I have stayed at. This hotel is extremely clean, the rooms are nice, and the service was great. I really enjoyed the layout of the grounds and the pool/jacuzzi were nice. They have a bar, which in my experience, is not common for 3-star hotels.

I am putting this Holiday Inn at the top of my list for hotels around $100.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Frank A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Frank-Money,

Your comment that our hotel should have a higher rating is highly appreciated. I would like to personally thank you for staying in our hotel. We indeed strive to uphold the IHG standards in managing our hotel. Thank you sir.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I just want to thank your staff for the excellent service , they were very friendly and very helpful !!! I will stay there again !! You should be proud of your staff , I wish I could remenber the names of you staff I would like to personally thank the young lady she had blonde hair , im sorry for not remembering her name she checked us in she was a joy a person who takes pride in her job , I work in the hotel field and just wanted to congat your staff , thank you , Steven hassinger

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Frank A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear 2060 Steven,

Thank you so much for coming to stay with us! We are so happy that you enjoyed your experience especially the great service which you received. Thank you for the kind words about our staff. Ashley is the young lady that checked you in and we are very proud of her.

We really do try to make each one of our guests feel comfortable at our hotel. Please do come back and see us again on your next trip. We apreciate you staying and appreciate your business.