“Convenient and pleasant”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Convenient and pleasant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Stayed for several weeks while on business. This hotel was convenient to shopping, restaurants and attractions. Staff was very polite and helpful. Hotel, like many others, has all the needed amenities. In addition, the room also had a fridge and microwave which was nice on an extended stay. Rooms and grounds were clean and very well kept. Now that I've tried this hotel, if I'm ever in the area again, this would be my hotel of choice. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, especially to business travelers.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Frank A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear Tonyinmanchester,

We highly appreciate your great comment about our hotel. We indeed are close to the malls, restaurant and the airport. Thank you for giving us a perfect review.

Frank

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Blackburn, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

This hotel is indeed close to the airport, in fact I would probably have slept better on the runway! The noise was the worst I have ever experienced in over twenty years of touring in USA. We stayed for one night prior to a very long trip back to UK. All we required was an evening meal and a reasonable night's rest. This hotel provided neither. I ordered a burger in the dreary little eating area (it certainly isn't a restaurant)...finally arrived cold, sent it back etc. My husband had long since finished his meal before my second attempt arrived.The hotel appeared to be hosting some kind of "down market" sales event at the time....maybe this explains why paying guests were ignored.I think the Eagles wrote "Hotel California" after staying here.

Green Features: if this hotel has any environmentally practices I didn't see any evidence apart from serving cold food which I suppose saves energy. The staff didn't demonstrate energy, environmentally friendly or otherwise.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Linda C,

We are sorry you found our hotel to be less than satisfactory and apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your visit with us. Your feedback is very important to us as we continually strive to improve our services and amenities we offer to our guests. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your guest experience.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Nice property about 5 minutes from SNA airport. Free shuttle, close to highway, shopping and gas. Property has a restaurant, fitness & business center, pool and laundry room. Parking is free. Rooms are large and equipped with a refrigerator and microwave. The window in the room also opens for fresh air. The buffet breakfast was good and complimentary as a IHG member. Property is very clean and staff is friendly.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Frank A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear Traveler J,

Thank you so much for giving us a good review. The pictures that you posted are amazing. Looking forward to your next visit with us.

Austin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

This is a pretty bland hotel in all respects. I checked in shortly after 10pm and the bar was closed, so no snack or drink available. The room was just bland, and was just functional - wireless worked, TV, etc. Pretty close to a major highway but didn't hear any excessive noise. The next day the small and cramped breakfast area was mobbed, you literally couldn't get around. The buffet line was really weak, and after taking a look at the food coupled with the long and extremely slow moving line, I just left. Don't think I'd go back but it wasn't due to anything bad, it was just so humdrum.

Dear funlonghorn,

We appreciate your comments and would like to thank you for your time to give us a review at Tripadvisor.
Central Florida, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

I have returned to the HI OC Airport since having an event here in June. The entire staff, food and beverage, desk, everyone made the stay for my family a memorable one. There are no words enough to describe the at home feeling they give. Although, I live on the East Coast, I will return and continue to recommend this hotel to my many friends who travel.

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Frank A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Dear Betsy A,

We are so thrilled that you came back to our hotel and again gave us a wonderful review. As always the entire staff will always strive to excel our guests expectations and we are thankful that we made your stay a memorable one. We are all looking forward to your 3rd visit with us.
Missoula, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

Dear
Upper Management of the Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport

Khalid was more than helpful. He was very friendly and was more than willing to help me. I had just got stuck in and over night layover and Khalid took me to the hotel then waited for me to get settled in and gave me a rid to get food. He treaty me like family and I am more thank pleased with his service. I would come back again based on his services alone, and I would recommend the hotel to others. Whatever he is getting paid it is not enough for how generous and helpful he was!

Sincerely
Ronald Thebeau

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Frank A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 22 December 2013
Dear Ronald T,

I highly appreciate the wonderful comment that you gave our Driver Khalid. He indeed excels in customer service. In behalf of the whole staff of the Holiday Inn Orange County Airport we thank you for the kind words that you accorded on Khalid.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

I truly cannot say enough good things about this Hotel. Patricia Gonzalez and her entire sales/catering team, as well as the complete hotel staff, took care of our every request with great efficiency and a smile.
We held a large product/sales training seminar for the entire Western Region of Handicare USA, which includes 7 states, at this facility. They provided everything asked for, from a glass of water, to shuttle service above and beyond the call of duty.
I highly recommend that if your company is planning an event in this area, that you choose Holiday Inn Orange County Airport as your venue.

1 Thank Scott C
Frank A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Scott C,
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Orange County Airport for your event, I am pleased that you found our hotel to your satisfaction. In behalf of Patricia Gonzales and the entire staff we would like to convey our appreciation for the great comments. We are always ready to serve you.

Frank A.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Ana
Hampton Inn & Suites Santa Ana/Orange County Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport
DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Irvine / Orange County Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS Orange County Airport North
Embassy Suites by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport? Share your experiences!