“The Staff is a truly caring community”

Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Port Townsend, Washington
“The Staff is a truly caring community”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This is a tribute, a fan letter, and a love letter of sorts. My partner and I have been making the trip to Orange County several times a year to visit my terminally ill daughter, and always ask for their room with the specially handicapped big bathroom with the walk-in shower and large comfortable built in seat. (This requirement is almost impossible to find - oh sure, hotels will say they have handicapped facilities but, upon my questioning, they invariably turn out to mean a tub with a grab bar.)
Nazario, who handles booking, always makes sure I get that room, as he knows my daughter could not otherwise stay with us and get that treasured escape from her isolated existance where she lives. Carol and Ashley at the front desk have always responded promptly and cheerfully to any requests for special assistance. Restaurant manager Gabriel and ElVira greet us with hugs and ever-ready coffee with extra creamers, making sure everything is perfect for us. I know that Frank Atayde, hotel manager, is there to assure me that anything we need will be provided.
And there is one more person who should receive special recognition: Chris, our go-to-guy in maintenance. When partner Ben's leg braces squealed uproariously, he was there in a flash to oil them up: when the hand controls on the rental car needed tightening, he was there. When we needed help with other equipment, he was there and recruited others when needed.

But personally, for my part, when ElVira and Gabriel were told one day it was my birthday, I got best wishes and hugs. Chris knocked on our room door and surprised us with birthday cake and a card signed by the staff. My daughter had wonderful conversations with staff, including vivacious Annette, who manages conferences and such. The day we left was the annual employees party - and while my partner and I had to leave prior to the event for our plane, my daughter was assured it was ok to check out a little later when her ride came and was even invited to the party!!

This kind and caring staff have enriched this difficult time and given us happy and grateful memories. We will never forget.

Room Tip: Note my info about the handicapped room. It is near the back entrance for easy access, also laundry...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Barbara M
Frank A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear Barbara M.
It is truly a pleasure having you and your family stay with us. We greatly appreciate all the wonderful comments regarding our staff and thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Orange County Airport as your home away from home. Thank you for taking the time to post a review and share your hotel experience. We really appreciate it.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed three nights for a friend's wedding. The rooms were large and quiet, which was surprising given the freeway and airport traffic. The bartender was terrific; pleasant, efficient, and remembered the cocktail that you drank the night before. The breakfast buffet was mostly quite nice; blueberry pancakes one day, French toast on the other two days, crisp bacon and sausage, rice and miso soup for Oriental guests, quick service with the coffee, though stay away from the scrambled eggs as they tasted like chalk. The ground's landscaping was very good with a variety of flowers and shrubs.

Room Tip: You don't hear freeway or airport traffic in the rooms to the back.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Dr.DEE 2014,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed our guest rooms and service from our bartender. However, we apologize the scrambled eggs in our restaurant weren’t to your liking and will share your valuable feedback with our Chef. Thanks again for sharing your guest experience and we hope to see you again soon.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Clean and tidy, free transfers to and from the airport. My room was near the guest laundry so I took the opportunity of cleaning my clothes. $1 wash, $1 dry. Slept well, staff friendly. Recommend this hotel, I will stay again next time I am in the area

Room Tip: I like the rooms are the back as the are quieter.
2 Thank David B
Frank A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear David B.,
We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Orange County Airport. Thank you for giving us a wonderful review and we look forward to your next visit with us.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Would love to thank elvira Dan frank Clara lazario Petra thank you so much frank so such short notice on our stay was the best stay ever will come again.you guys are awesome had a very pleasant stay food was great my family enjoy every moment

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank liliaoliden
Frank A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear liliaoliden,

We appreciate your wonderful comments in regards to our staff and service provided. Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Holiday Inn Orange County hotel with others. We thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again soon.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Hands down on of the best hotel experiences I have ever had, I do a lot of traveling and this was hands down the best hotel stays. Cleanliness of the whole entire hotel was impressive, the staff was extremely friendly and went above and beyond with their customer service. They also had an amazing shuttle drive name Jon that worked the graveyard shift that was sooooo sweet and nice. I really loved my stay here and would come back just to get the full experience again, Thank you so much for all the hard work you put into this hotel to make it the best.

3 Thank pinkvapor
Frank A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear PinkVapor,
Thank you so much for your 5 star review of the Holiday Inn Orange County Airport. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were impressed with our hotel and staff. We truly appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience with others. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Orange County Airport. We hope to see you again soon!

Frank
Isle of Portland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I recently (12th - 16th May 2014) stayed at this Holiday Inn and had an excellent experience. This is perhaps the best Holiday Inn I have visited; the rooms were great and the staff were outstanding. Dan, Clara and Ruben were expecially helpful but all was above expecations. I can strongly recommend this hotel.

2 Thank Mark R
Dear Mark R,

Thank you so much for giving us the perfect review. We are delighted you had an excellent experience with us and we exceeded your expectations. We thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Orange County Airport and hope you will be back to visit us again soon.
Santa Ana, California
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I've recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport and had a great experience. Aside from the amazing room (!), the staff were outstanding. Clara (front desk) was especially helpful (I even called her supervisor to make certain that she got the recognition that she deserved). I would definitely stay here again.

2 Thank 10HappyCustomer
Frank A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear 10HappyCustomer,
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Orange County Airport and found our guest room and staff outstanding. Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel and thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Orange County Airport. We hope to see you again soon!

Frank