This is a tribute, a fan letter, and a love letter of sorts. My partner and I have been making the trip to Orange County several times a year to visit my terminally ill daughter, and always ask for their room with the specially handicapped big bathroom with the walk-in shower and large comfortable built in seat. (This requirement is almost impossible to find - oh sure, hotels will say they have handicapped facilities but, upon my questioning, they invariably turn out to mean a tub with a grab bar.)
Nazario, who handles booking, always makes sure I get that room, as he knows my daughter could not otherwise stay with us and get that treasured escape from her isolated existance where she lives. Carol and Ashley at the front desk have always responded promptly and cheerfully to any requests for special assistance. Restaurant manager Gabriel and ElVira greet us with hugs and ever-ready coffee with extra creamers, making sure everything is perfect for us. I know that Frank Atayde, hotel manager, is there to assure me that anything we need will be provided.
And there is one more person who should receive special recognition: Chris, our go-to-guy in maintenance. When partner Ben's leg braces squealed uproariously, he was there in a flash to oil them up: when the hand controls on the rental car needed tightening, he was there. When we needed help with other equipment, he was there and recruited others when needed.
But personally, for my part, when ElVira and Gabriel were told one day it was my birthday, I got best wishes and hugs. Chris knocked on our room door and surprised us with birthday cake and a card signed by the staff. My daughter had wonderful conversations with staff, including vivacious Annette, who manages conferences and such. The day we left was the annual employees party - and while my partner and I had to leave prior to the event for our plane, my daughter was assured it was ok to check out a little later when her ride came and was even invited to the party!!
This kind and caring staff have enriched this difficult time and given us happy and grateful memories. We will never forget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Orange County Airport Santa Ana! Minutes away from Orange County s John Wayne Airport, local businesses, world class shopping and a variety of dining choices. Centrally located with the beach to our south and Disneyland 12 miles north. Easy access to the 55, 405 and 5 freeways. Or leave the driving to us! Free scheduled shuttle service within 3 miles and once daily to Disneyland! Call us when you get into John Wayne Airport and we will happily pick you up.Whether you are coming to Orange County for business or just to have fun your room at the Holiday Inn OCA is your personal retreat. You ll have room to work, relax and make the most of your day. Amenities such as complimentary Wireless Internet, ample work space, fridge, microwave and all new pillow top mattresses and linens mean every night is a great night and every day starts right.Work out in our cardio-fitness center or soak up some California sun at our outdoor heated pool and Jacuzzi. Then relax with a cool one at our Panini Lounge. And when it s time to dine you can enjoy our Panini Restaurant serving Italian specialties along with steaks and seafood. For your convenience we also offer in room dining for breakfast and dinner daily. Add our event space and outstanding service and you will see that the Holiday Inn Orange County Airport is the place to be. Your home away from home! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport Hotel Santa Ana
- Santa Ana Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport CA