Because of Lorrie – the greatest bartender in the western hemisphere, and perhaps the world! But it’s not a bar atmosphere, it’s more like the family room in your house. It’s an open floor plan restaurant with a small bar in one part. Lorrie makes everyone feel right at home. She knows all the regular business travelers by name, and we all know her. Her friendly manner, lighthearted humor, and sharp wit put even the first-timers instantly at ease. It’s a place where friendly conversations among total strangers spring up constantly. Lorrie is the perfect social catalyst with an absolutely infallible instinct for serving her patrons. The food in the restaurant is good enough that you never need to go out to eat – a nice dinner menu with plenty of variety, and they will prepare dishes your way. The bar is reasonably well stocked, and will accommodate most tastes. They now feature 14 Hands wines for those of you who prefer the good stuff! For breakfast they have a nice buffet with real eggs (not the powdered crap), and don’t forget that you can order from their menu for made-to-order breakfast meals as well. The rest of the hotel is great, too – the rooms are very comfortable, and you can park near your room no matter where it is in the hotel. They have a shuttle to/from the John Wayne Airport, but you'll need a car to get to Disneyland, Newport Harbor, and Irvine business destinations. Carol at the front desk, Ruben in the dining room, Lilia at breakfast, Lorrie, and several others on the staff have been working there for many years – that says a lot about how well this establishment is operated. I’ve been staying at this Holiday Inn whenever I’m in town for 10 years now, and I’ve never known any hotel to maintain such consistently high quality. I spend about half of my life in hotels all over the U. S. for business, so I have some experience from which to judge. I recommend this hotel extremely highly! I won’t stay anywhere else in the area (and I’ve tried most of the others in the past). Be sure to ask Lorrie to fix you a Rogerita – it’s the best drink I’ve ever tasted!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Orange County Airport Santa Ana! Minutes away from Orange County s John Wayne Airport, local businesses, world class shopping and a variety of dining choices. Centrally located with the beach to our south and Disneyland 12 miles north. Easy access to the 55, 405 and 5 freeways. Or leave the driving to us! Free scheduled shuttle service within 3 miles and once daily to Disneyland! Call us when you get into John Wayne Airport and we will happily pick you up.Whether you are coming to Orange County for business or just to have fun your room at the Holiday Inn OCA is your personal retreat. You ll have room to work, relax and make the most of your day. Amenities such as complimentary Wireless Internet, ample work space, fridge, microwave and all new pillow top mattresses and linens mean every night is a great night and every day starts right.Work out in our cardio-fitness center or soak up some California sun at our outdoor heated pool and Jacuzzi. Then relax with a cool one at our Panini Lounge. And when it s time to dine you can enjoy our Panini Restaurant serving Italian specialties along with steaks and seafood. For your convenience we also offer in room dining for breakfast and dinner daily. Add our event space and outstanding service and you will see that the Holiday Inn Orange County Airport is the place to be. Your home away from home! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport Hotel Santa Ana
- Santa Ana Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport CA