“MY FAVORITE HOTEL IN ALL THE WORLD!”

Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Wayzata, Minnesota
“MY FAVORITE HOTEL IN ALL THE WORLD!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Because of Lorrie – the greatest bartender in the western hemisphere, and perhaps the world! But it’s not a bar atmosphere, it’s more like the family room in your house. It’s an open floor plan restaurant with a small bar in one part. Lorrie makes everyone feel right at home. She knows all the regular business travelers by name, and we all know her. Her friendly manner, lighthearted humor, and sharp wit put even the first-timers instantly at ease. It’s a place where friendly conversations among total strangers spring up constantly. Lorrie is the perfect social catalyst with an absolutely infallible instinct for serving her patrons. The food in the restaurant is good enough that you never need to go out to eat – a nice dinner menu with plenty of variety, and they will prepare dishes your way. The bar is reasonably well stocked, and will accommodate most tastes. They now feature 14 Hands wines for those of you who prefer the good stuff! For breakfast they have a nice buffet with real eggs (not the powdered crap), and don’t forget that you can order from their menu for made-to-order breakfast meals as well. The rest of the hotel is great, too – the rooms are very comfortable, and you can park near your room no matter where it is in the hotel. They have a shuttle to/from the John Wayne Airport, but you'll need a car to get to Disneyland, Newport Harbor, and Irvine business destinations. Carol at the front desk, Ruben in the dining room, Lilia at breakfast, Lorrie, and several others on the staff have been working there for many years – that says a lot about how well this establishment is operated. I’ve been staying at this Holiday Inn whenever I’m in town for 10 years now, and I’ve never known any hotel to maintain such consistently high quality. I spend about half of my life in hotels all over the U. S. for business, so I have some experience from which to judge. I recommend this hotel extremely highly! I won’t stay anywhere else in the area (and I’ve tried most of the others in the past). Be sure to ask Lorrie to fix you a Rogerita – it’s the best drink I’ve ever tasted!

1 Thank ROGER B
Frank A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear ROGER B,

Thank you so much for all of your kind words in regards to our hotel staff and services provided. We agree Lorrie is a gem and a top notch bartender and we are proud to have her on our team. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others and thank you for your continued loyalty to our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I really enjoyed my stay, The room size was large and bed really comfortable. The food was great. I especially appreciated the staff especially Gabriel, Jorge and Lilia in the restaurant. I would come back again, a great value

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Frank A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear 30happyone,

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were pleased with the service received in our Panini Restaurant for breakfast. We thank you for sharing your guest experience with others and thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Orange County Airport hotel.
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

This is our first stay here. Good location surrounded by other hotels and close to the freeway for easy access. John Wayne airport is a little over 4 miles from the hotel. Free parking and wi-fi are definite bonuses. The hotel is clean. The breakfast buffet and the breakfast items off the menu were really tasty and priced well. Our room had a really odd smell but that could be due to the single air conditioner unit that we turned on when we checked in to the room. The air conditioner does not have a temperature control - only fan on/off and hotter/cooler so the fan runs continuously if turned on. The hotel is very busy with various sports teams staying here. The entire 2nd floor was filled with teenage girls. We could hear the kids up and down the halls and stairs but luckily the noise was dimmed by the air conditioner. The hotel is host to the visiting Arena Football League teams which is pretty cool. No housekeeping service and only 3 towels in the room. We would rate the stay a 3.5

Green Features: The hotel asks that towels be reused. Given the lack of housekeeping and the shortage of towels it was almost mandatory we reuse the towels if we wanted to shower.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear LG2Pro,

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed breakfast in our Panini Restaurant. However, we apologize for the fact you did not receive housekeeping service and there was an odor in your room. We will research the matter and share your comments with our staff. We thank you for your valuable feedback as we always strive to improve our services. As well, thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel and thank you for staying with us.
Pinckney, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Employees are extrememly helpful and nice. They were always friendly and willing to help. I was here two nights for a quick business trip so I ate at the restaurant here for breakfast and dinner each night. The food was excellent. The wait staff was very attentive. The room was quiet, for the most part. It was very clean each day. I would stay here again if I return.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor (middle) and it was not overly noisy. It was also toward the street but...
Dear DrSandyD,

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and the services offered at the Holiday Inn Orange County Airport. We thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and hope to see you again soon!
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have been staying at this property on all my visits to South California for past 5 years and found it a Home Away from Home. Employees who stand out for their hospitality are Karen, Carla (at the Front Desk), Ruben and Gabriel (in the Dining area) are great hosts. Mr Frank Atayde is one of the best Managers who is always interested in taking care of Customer needs

Room Tip: Stay away from Hwy 55 side
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Frank A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Sandeep0811,
Thank you for your kinds words in regards to our staff and services. We truly thank you for making the Holiday Inn Orange County Airport hotel your "home away from home" and sincerely appreciate your loyalty to our hotel. It is always a pleasure to have you as our guest! Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is my 4th year of staying here for 2-3 days in July. It is very clean, comfortable, and I think refreshing compared to other hotels in southern California. It is 4-5 miles from the airport, very close to major highways, but also close to secondary roads in case of highway congestion. The staff is super friendly, always helpful. My sleeping room has the best AC. I like it cold and it works greats. The price is reasonable for southern California.The beaches are 20-30 minutes away. I recommend staying here if your're coming to Santa Ana, Irvine, Anaheim, Newport, etc. It is in a great location.

Room Tip: The corner suites are very roomy and quiet. Rooms farther from the elevators are also quieter
Dear PamSyr,

Thank you for posting a wonderful review at tripadvisor. We appreciate that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Orange County Airport. Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Melbourne, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I typically stay at this hotel as it is a preferred location due to work. I've really never had a problem until my last stay. Let's say the guy next door brought over some "entertainment" and there was lots of commotion and drama; luckily, I was on business travel alone and not on a family vacation for my kids to hear what was going on. I've never had heard this before, but makes me wonder of the area most recently.

Anyway, I'm always greeted well at front desk and I'm acknowledged as an IHG Gold member. Never have had an issue with the bills. Lobby area is well maintained though a little small. They have a small sundry store for snacks and laundry items at reasonable prices. Food for breakfast is done well, I've only done the breakfast buffet but it's stocked well, fresh, and all types of items to have a well rounded breakfast. The bar area is adequate for evening drinks, it's very comfortable and bartenders are extremely nice and professional. The weight/fitness center has basic equipment needed for a quick workout. I've never used the pool, but it looks nice and really have never seen many people use it either.

The hotel almost has a motel feel to it. The halls are a little dark and gloomy. Its clean, quiet, until big groups arrive as they tend to have folks moving from room to room. Noise from hallway does come through room doors rather easily.

Rooms are clean and roomy. Parking is plentiful in the front and back, although larger vehicles tend to park in the back and occupy several spots. I have seen "iffy" activities in the back parking lot, folks that don't look like they are hotel customers; therefore, make sure you don't leave any valuables in your car.

In summary, this place is a great value, good customer service (not everyone smiles, though most do), the area is "okay"; not much around....in my opinion, this hotel is very average with good (not outstanding) customer service.

I think this location needs some brighter lighting.....I sometimes feel I'm walking through the halls as if I was waiting in line for the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disney.

Room Tip: Pick top floors
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Runfastandfar,

We thank you for your review of our hotel and your candid feedback as we always strive to improve our services and the guest hotel experience. We appreciate your suggestions and will share them with our staff. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Orange County Airport.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Ana
Hampton Inn & Suites Santa Ana/Orange County Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport
DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Irvine / Orange County Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS Orange County Airport North
Embassy Suites by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport? Share your experiences!