“DON"T DO IT!!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
Riverside, California, United States
“DON"T DO IT!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

I will start by noting that we did not have high standards for this. All the other hotels were booked and we figured as a last resort, this would be a clean place to rest our heads for one evening so we could spend the weekend at the beach.

We left 10 minutes after checking in and got a refund. Absolutely filthy!!! I had to wait awhile for someone to acknowledge me at the front desk. After she checked me in she actually said if I left a review, "don't say you had to wait a long time"...for real?

Walking to our room we saw ample broken glass, trash ALL OVER the grounds, a working girl and her client. Our room was supposed to be non-smoking and it smelled so awful. I found ashes on the windowsill and cigarette butts in the room (I know they can't control all smoking, but obviously they cleaned without care), cigarette burns on the blankets and filthy pillow cases and back out the door we went.

They were kind enough about my refund, still need to check if it turns back up on my card. The whole surrounding area was booked for some kind of event, we decided just to drive back home.

DO NOT GO HERE! We do not have luxury standards, we are a young, laid back family who would prefer adventures and good meals to splurging on the hotel room. However, at minimum we expect clean and safe. This place was our last ditch effort to secure a night for the weekend and I would not recommend it to anybody.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TaylorMyers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Prescott Valley, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

Very nice motel for the price. Staff are helpful and the rooms are clean.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012 via mobile

Our stay: walk in to room and instantly there is a strong stench of urine, take shoes off to get in bed & step into a large puddle of urine next to the bed.. Ask to change rooms, try to use the shower to wash my foot but there are black hairs all in the bathtub, disgusted & frustrated. Try laying in the bed but it feels dirty. Get out of bed because I start itching all over (bed bugs or not properly cleaned sheets, don't want to know). Then we are both mad and want a full refund but the manager doesn't want to help us, she would rather sleep than help customers. Once se finally gets up and comes downstairs, she chooses to argue with us for over an hour rather than apologizing for the bad experience. Once we threaten to talk to her boss the next day, she finally decides to refund our stay. Even though it's dirt cheap, in our opinion it's not even worth a dime to stay there, so beware.

• Stayed May 2012
Kennewick, Washington, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

we originally booked our hotel for maingate anahiem CA, but they overbooked and we were then moved here, they never my daughters room for the five days we were there, and our room they would make one bed and not the other, they kept giving our rooms to other customers and we were promised a fridge like we reserved but never got it until the last day of our stay, this place was dirty and the staff didn't seem to know there job.

Room Tip: don't stay here, our room was non smoking but smelled so much like smoke they changed our rooms...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Sun City, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

I travel a lot for business, and I usually like to stay at Motel 6 due to being on a budget. Some are nicer than others. This Motel 6 near the John Wayne airport is convient to the airport, the freeway, and may businesses in Santa Ana and Irvine. There is sufficient and safe parking, and the desk staff have been friendly and efficient. I usually like to stay in a room nearer the lobby, and this motel has always accomodated me over the last few years that I have been there. The rooms are clean and well maintained, and there is always coffee in the morning across from the lobby desk.

Room Tip: GPS does not seem to like to provide good directions coming off the fwy. Recommend Map Quest prior...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank califdann
Buena Park
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

This motel6 was obviously built as some other chain. The place has 70's design and decor all over it and the rooms are bigger and a little fancier than a standard motel 6.

I stayed in a second floor room that actually had a sliding glass door and a balcony.

The only thing I would wish for is to have modern flat screen TV's so i can plug my computer in and stream netflix

The location is near two freeways and there is some construction noise but it was not bad.

Parking is ample and easy to get into. There are several restaurant and small stores nearby.

I think the second story rooms would be difficult for somebody in a wheelchair because the elevator comes up to a floor that is about 1.5 feet higher than the hallways that you reach by a set of 3 stairs.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Wayne J
Irvine, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

Stayed here for a week - (made reservations from elsewhere for the week, and was told after arrival NO REFUNDS). First room they showed me smelled bad- and I complained to the front desk, who (promptly) moved me to a better room down another hall. Bed was adequate but not really comfortable, shower temps were good though, lighting ok, noise outside window is next to either a noisy freeway or a gas station where people drive in late at night and lean on their horn just to be irritating to the motel guests.

PRO's - front desk was usually courteous. Though I noted not to everyone- there were two times they were arguing with other travellers about promised room rates that were higher then stated.). lights ok, shower hot, tv worked ok.

CONS: Hookers hanging around the front entrance and inside the spacious lobby and monopolizing the $10 for 10 minutes internet connection (that broke three times while I was there) it's slow also-. No Refrigerators or microwaves in the rooms , (every other motel in town has them), rooms were smelly and you actually have to ASK for a clean one, there was a really rude dude in a wheelchair who regularly blocked the front entrance doors and tried to pick arguments if you asked him to move out of the way. Other Cons: At the freeway entrance three times saw a guy with an empty gas can and a sign claiming he needed money for gas- and was "broke" and "homeless" - on my last night there saw the same guy coming out of a second floor room to the stairs- carrying the gas can with him- he got in a new BMW and drive off with two women! Homeless Con Man!

I would never recommend this Motel 6 to anyone even for 1 night. There is a very decent Comfort Inn on Hotel Terrace Drive and 3 other good motels just a block away or so on the other side of the freeway - which cost very little more and are definitely better!

Room Tip: Tell them you want a CLEAN room!
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business