“Good stay”

Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
Weeki Wachee, Florida
“Good stay”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Updated rooms. Housekeepers do a great job and are very nice.. Manager David was outstanding. Very family and pet friendly. Nice courtyard with pool. The upstairs rooms have nice balcony. The rooms are also fairly large. No fridge or microwave for extended stays. We managed with a cooler. Plenty of ice. Good bang for your buck. Better than the 3 LA Quintas in the area and better priced. The area has all amenities including Walmart. Gas station next door and fast food across the street. Easy access to the 55, I-405, I-5
We would stay again without question.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 11 July 2014

While the rooms were clean, the furnishings are very Spartan. There was a bed, a dresser, TV, table and table chair. There were no lamps on or near the table and the only lighting was mounted on the wall above the bed. There is a nominal charge for internet. No coffee in the room or available except in the morning down in the lobby.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Pomona, California
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stood here for a month I was in room 172 room is big n nice but .
Had plug up toilet for a week asked to moved to another room sable would say no problem by 330 we'll have a room ready well she lied.when I went back up front I told da gentleman of what was going on in was in shock n give me a different room.their maid service suck how do u clean a room n not have towels n sheets ready.. so would clean my own room..o rooms r never ready on time..Sable well always say 330...if u need a room b 4.. 330pm dis is not da place 4 u...am Kathy leath....n I guess they erase my last review

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank kathyleath
Englewood, Colorado
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I liked this Motel 6.
The room looked newly renovated. It was clean and comfortable.

The room(s) were good; the staff was excellent. They really made me and my party feel comfortable and secure.

We used this motel for 3 nights. Two nights in an upstairs rooms prior to a cruise and one night in a downstairs room after the cruise.

We got off of our cruise ship and enterred the motel early. The manager remembered us from the earlier nights. Although he could not check us in, he did secure our luggage while offering us some ideas regarding local things to see and do. We took him up on Newport Beacj and had a wonderful day.

I would recommend this motel to anyone for their stay in the Orange County area.

Room Tip: Talk to the people staffing this motel. Everyone we asked a question of was willing to help or to ge...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 13 December 2013

it was ok for the money early this year 2013 stayed there about 5 times diferent times 2 o 3 nights each time.Some of the reviews here are correct.stared to look more like a half way house. ,vagrantsand pandhandlers linger in the parking lot,even some sleep in their cars,rooms always dirty,comforters with cigarrets holes,I put up with that for long time,but for me the kicker was when my truck was vandalised(someone drill a hole in my gas tank of my truck and stole my full tank of gas,total bill for the repairs,$400 dlls.),don't park your automovil way in the back is very isolated.So,I swicht to la quinta next door 45 dlls.more but is worth it.No more mothel 6 for me.I forgot to mention they charge extra for internet,refrigerator,or micro.I get all that plus a small sink at la quinta inn is standar in all their rooms.

Room Tip: the good ones are in building one,215-216-202
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This is one of 8 motels just off of RT 55 at the Dyer Rd exit. There are about 6 others at adjacent exits too. It is also one of the oldest (the nearby Holiday Inn might be older). It's been affiliated with a variety of chains, going a step lower in grade with each change, and was a Red Roof before it became Motel 6. I stayed there many times when it was Red Roof. The rooms are larger than average, they have patios, and there is always ample parking with wide parking spaces. When Motel 6 took over, they raised the rates and the nearby Comfort Suites (their rooms are not really suites) was a better deal for about the same price with a free continental+ breakfast. Well the econopmy must be getting better because the Comfort had boosted rates for the summer so I decided to try this motel in its Motel 6 incarnation. The $35 a night difference betwen this and the Comfort could buy a very nice breakfast.

There are some noise issues with this motel. As others have mentioned it is almost directly below the landing pattern for the nearby airport and the planes are low and loud. Fortunately, the ariport does not operate betwen about 11PM and 7 AM. The other noise source is busy Dyer Road and the 55 itself. The motel has 3 wings and half the room are within a stone's throw of the freeway.

I arrived early, around 11:30 AM, and was told no rooms were clean (spoiler alert: I don't think any of the rooms are EVER clean). I gave them my reservation and name and asked that they save me a room near room 225 (second of the two floors and furthest away from Dyer Road and the 55). I arrived back at 4 and was told i had room 203! I asked for a different room and got 211, much better. You pay at check-in and you do not get an itemized receipt, just an indication of what you paid.

As I walked up the lobby steps to my room (there is an elevator I chose not to use) I was struck at how filthy the carpet on the steps was - virtually black in many areas. The hall carpet had many large stains. My room carpet had more spots than a dalmation. The sliding glass door to the patio has a light blocking plastic liner which had so many holes it looked like someone had hit it with a shotgun. At this point I'm not feeling good about my decision but I'm stuck for this trip.

Later when I use the sink I find long black hairs (at least they weren't short and curly). Now I'm wondering if anything in the room is properly clean. The amenities were peculiar. No alarm clock, shampoo, or tissues (used the spare roll of toilet paper as tissue) but I had a mini-fridge and microwave. I did not use the pool but it seemed nice.

Another reviewer mentioned "nearby restaurants" but this is true only if you count Del Taco and Carl's burgers. A decent restaurant is several miles away. There used to be a small, and bad, restaurant adjacent to the property years ago but was replaced by an ARCO gas station and mini-mart. This is the cheapest (by far) gas station in the area and I saw a few vagrants on their lot during my stay. It also is a noise source if you are near the front, like room 203.

So despite the big difference in price, the Comfort is still the place to be if you are on a budget and care about cleanliness. For a few bucks more than the Comfort, the Quality Suites has real suites, a made-to-order breakfast, and is a "best buy". If this Motel 6 were in Vegas, they'd blow it up.

I have to seriously question some reviewers of this place who claim clean rooms. They are either shills or stayed in a different wing of this disgusting place.

Room Tip: Cheapest gas in the area at the ARCO next door.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank swtraveler2
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Irvine - Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Dear swtraveler2 - We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the cleanliness and noise issues you encountered. The cleanliness conditions you found are not consistent with our standards for quality. We kindly encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Reviewed 20 July 2013

The one star is given only for the good service received from staff. Room given initially was dirty so we had to change rooms. They worked to find me another double bed. Offered a smoking room and a discount. Filthy dirty and smelled. So looked for another room. Finally we just took it. Smelled ok but carpet was dirty with blood stains. Comforter had cigarette holes. Will not come back.

• Stayed July 2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Irvine - Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Dear Adam8888 - Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for the kind words about our staff. We sincerely apologize for the cleanliness and odor issues you encountered during your stay. These conditions are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.