“Still average restaurant”

Ranked #29 of 696 Restaurants in Santa Ana
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I don't know how I got talked into coming here again. Its not even an average place. Came here before and wasn't happy my first visit, but I decided to try it again for a happy hour/ retirement party, and we sat in the cantina.

The prices for happy hour were pretty good.. .but you have to hunt down the menu. They don't offer the menu to you automatically. (negative points for that), maybe because its 1/2 off the appetizer platter, wings, and such... no wonder they won't hand you a menu upon walking in.

During my meal I wanted another soda, and thought there's free refills. Nope! Shell out another $2.35 for a diet pepsi, please. Seriously, during "happy" hour, no soda refills? The soda prices weren't even cheap! Negative stars for that!

The food was average... its like El Torito or Don Jose... gringo mexican food. Its maybe a step above Taco Bell in that its made in house.

My bill came to $27 for 2 wings appetizers ($6.99), 1 appetizer platter ($7.99), and 2 sodas ($2.35). The appetizer platter had the chiimicurries, nachos (tortilla chips with enchilada sauce, and cheese), 3 tacos, guac and sour cream. The wings were either bbq or "Buffalo" style, and came 8 or so on the plate.

Service was just ok.. I have to remember to give low expecations if I come back. I'm giving it a generous 2 stars, but the happy hour prices were the only saving grace.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

This restaurant was recommended to by a colleague and I was not disappointed. The food was very good and reasonably priced, with serving sizes being ample. An added bonus was the
freshly made corn tortillas.

Reviewed 10 June 2013 via mobile

Delicious. Perfect dinner. My Mayan Treasure burrito was excellent!! My wife's Baja Bowl with grilled Mahi was also very good.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

One of my favorite places to dine. The bar has several TVs to catch the game. Tortillas are made fresh on location. My favorite was the carne asada tacos. Now that I have been watching what I eat, I order off of their 'Light' menu. Their chicken enchilada's are awesome! Love their salsa too! Expect to spend $10-15 for lunch.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

What a cool place, and how pretty inside. It is an old church. The food was delicious! Everything had such a great flavor. Gosh I hope I can go back someday and wish it was just down the street from me!!!! My cost per person might be off, as I didn't have to pay! It was casual though but very nice inside so maybe a $$$?