“The Perfect Birthday Gift”

Grapeline Wine Tours Santa Barbara
More attraction details
Owner description: Get ready for a flexible, fun-filled day in the vineyards, sampling liquid treasures crafted by passionate local winemakers. Discover Santa Barbara's premier wine region aboard The Grapeline Wine Country Shuttle – a fleet of deluxe shuttles with friendly hosts and thoughtfully arranged itineraries. Daily public tours as well as private group outings.
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The Perfect Birthday Gift”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I booked this tour as part if a birthday gift. I have to say, David was such a fantastic tour guide. We had an amazing time with him, learning and debating over wine. We are a hard audience to please and he made our tour very special and a memory we will keep forever. These guys take you to the best wineries for whatever wines you're interested in and arriving with them almost guarantees you good service from the winery. We will most definitely recommend them and do this again.

Visited November 2013

San Diego, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A must for wine-lovers”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We thought that a wine tour would be nice while we were visiting Santa Barbara. I was curious if visiting 4 wineries around the area would be enough - and it certainly was. A good value since the tour company picks up the cost of wine tasting in each winery and the discount of any bottle that is bought by the customer. Our well-worked driver had to add another box for us to store the wine. He set up lunch on the patio of a winery with tablecloths and cloth napkins and great food - I felt that we were in a bistro cafe. Only four wineries but a day full of adventures and new wine discoveries.

Visited October 2013
“Great for alll!”
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I just recently visited Solvang for the first time and ofcourse we had to go wine tasting. I personally do not like wine, Ive tried and I can't. My girlfriend on the other hand loves wine. I thought I would try again. A friend of mine had told me great things about the grapeline tours and was she right! They picked us up at our hotel our guide was so warm, friendly and informative. We visited 4 wineries and they were amazing. I have a different perspective now and can totally appreciate wine and the wine process. This tour is great for couples or big groups. We also met a lot of nice people on the bus with us. We went wine tasting on a Monday we thought we were going to be the only two on the tour but 15 other people had the same idea. We were fed lunch, half a sandwich, salad and a large cookie for dessert. Our guide also took us on a short detour to go olive oil tasting. That was great as well! Overall great experience we had a blast and can not wait to go back and do it all over again.

Maricopa, Arizona
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Well worth it”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

This wine tour is a great value when you consider that each wine tasting runs $10 or more. For $99 per person, Grapeline's vineyard picnic tour includes wine tastings at four different wineries and a sandwich, salad and oversized cookie from a local sandwich shop. So the amount you actually pay to be picked up at your hotel and driven around all day is pretty miniscule. The day is well organized with just about the right amount of time at each winery. It ends up being a lot of fun and the wineries as well as the Santa Ynez Valley area are beautiful. By the third winery, I was feeling the effects, and I was glad to have a built in DD.

Visited October 2013
SnowyCindi
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best part of a great getaway”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

A long overdue review for Grapeline Santa Barbara, who I'm getting ready to use again in a different wine country. I can't recommend this fabulous company highly enough. My pleasant surprise during a Santa Barbara stay last spring was a fun wine tasting excursion via Grapeline Wine Tours, a friendly outfit that really "gets" customer service. We were picked up from our hotel lobby right on time and spirited off in a comfortable and clean shuttle bus. Both our host and driver were friendly, personable, and a wealth of interesting information about wineries. The wineries we went to were a good variety of different styles and at one there was a wine and chocolate pairing that was awesome. Everything was thought of, including a nicely set picnic table and a delicious lunch of your choice. Many of the wineries give you discounts on your wine purchases because you're with Grapeline. They even kept all our purchases carefully organized for us in the back of the van and delivered them in a tidy package at the end of the day. I really felt like everyone, from the girl on the phone who took my reservation to the driver to the guide, loved their job and was very good at it. I can't wait for my next Grapeline wine tour.

Visited April 2013