“Wine Edventures was great!!”

Wine Edventures Wine Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the original! Wine Edventures Wine Tours was the first wine touring company in the Santa Barbara County. We offer all inclusive group excursions out of Santa Barbara daily. Tours include tastings at four boutique wineries, a freshly made to order winery picnic lunch, a stemless tasting glass, a bottle of locally produced wine and a fully guided fun and educational tour. Tour includes a behind the scenes production tour and a tour of the vineyard. Come and experience our "grape to bottle" wine tour!
Reviewed 18 June 2008

This was my first wine tour and I couldn't have asked for anything more. My Mom and I went on the Wine Edventures tour on June 9, 2008. We were picked up at our hotel in the morning and dropped back off in the afternoon. Our guide, Shawn, who also happens to be the owner, was great! He made the trip fun and also informative. We learned so much about this history of the Santa Barbara wine region as well as wine production and tasting. Our tour included stops at 3 wineries and a 4th tasting room, as well as a huge lunch. We just happened to stop at the Koehler winery on bottling day, and were lucky enough to experience the bottling process. It was amazing. shawn also gave us a tour of the Roblar winery. All of the wineries we went to were organic wineries.

The entire experience was so much fun. It's a great value. I would definitely recommend a Wine Edventures tour to anyone. I will definitely go on a Wine Edventures tour again in the future.

Thanks Shawn for a great experience!!

All reviews
"info"
in 7 reviews
"education"

Reviewed 17 May 2008

We are typically Napa wine people and have been up there numerous times. We decided to give S.B. wine country a try after hearing about a friend's trip there last month. I found Wine Edventures online and called about their private tours. The lady who answered was great -- knowledgeable and friendly -- and I was so impressed, I went ahead and reserved a private tour for our trip. The cost was more than the advertised group tour - but we were on our own with a private guide in a sedan. I would really recommend this tour to anyone looking to learn about the area -- it isn't just a drinking tour...there are probably cheaper ways to get drunk. Our tour guide, Summer, was nice and really gave us a lot of info on the history of the area and basics of wine production (which we already knew, but she had some information we didn't know about). We had a great time and bought a lot of wine. After we got back to San Jose, I called a buddy of mine and we were b.s.-ing about my trip and it turns out he was down in SB a few months ago and took a tour with another company. The company he went with wasn't even from Santa Barbara! They were from Paso or something and didn't have a clue about the S.B. growing region. AND his tour wasn't all inclusive -- the company failed to tell him that tasting fees weren't included in the cost. After talking to him, I felt like we had really gotten a good deal and had found a great company that we will call again next time. ---Napacorkhead

Reviewed 8 May 2008

I just got back from a weekday trip to Santa Barbara and wanted to share a great tour we took up in Santa Ynez. It was with Wine Edventures Wine Tours and they picked us up directly at the hotel (we were on State St.). My husband was thinking about doing one of the cheaper, "shuttle" tours, but I called around and really talked to all of the companies I could find listed online. I found out that a number of the companies offering tours were not telling you about some hidden costs -- like not including the tasting fees in the price! I found Wine Edventures and liked the fact that they were talking about an educational tour -- not just driving us around to wineries. And we really did learn a lot about production of wine and also the interesting history of the area. We had a really nice guide and we felt well taken care of during the day. Safe driver, very courteous and knew his stuff! And, the lunch was fantastic -- it was fresh and not like a deli meal. We had it at one of the wineries right out in the vineyard area! We absolutely loved the tour and would definitely do it again. It was more expensive than the shuttle tours or grape shuttles, but once you add everything up, it comes out to be the same or less. If you love wines, I promise you'll enjoy it!

1  Thank lvwines
Reviewed 22 April 2008

My wife and I did a tour with these guys on 4-19-08 and had a great time! The guide, Shawn, taught us all about tasting and growing and how they make wine. We went to 4 wineries and had lunch at the second one. He gave us a big glass to use and keep. Shawn even took us on a production tour of one of the wineries. All of the wineries we went to were smaller producers, so we got allot of personal attention. My favorite was Shoestring Winery, the owners lived on the property and had some very smooth reds. Over all we had a great day with some great wine.
The area is beautiful and not that far from Santa Barbara proper.
If you are looking for an educational wine tour in SB this is it!
Contact info: www.welovewines.com