“Excellent Day!”

Wine Edventures Wine Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the original! Wine Edventures Wine Tours was the first wine touring company in the Santa Barbara County. We offer all inclusive group excursions out of Santa Barbara daily. Tours include tastings at four boutique wineries, a freshly made to order winery picnic lunch, a stemless tasting glass, a bottle of locally produced wine and a fully guided fun and educational tour. Tour includes a behind the scenes production tour and a tour of the vineyard. Come and experience our "grape to bottle" wine tour!
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Fabulous day out! 3 wineries plus a brewery. All the places we visited were great. Staff were friendly and very happy to share stories with us. Tonio our tour guide was very enthusiastic and chose the places once he found out what sort of wines we liked. The brewery was a welcomed relief - nothing like some cold beer after tasting wine for the majority of the day! Lunch was good too.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

I returned to the Wine Edventures for my third time. Each time we visited different boutique wineries, each with their own flavor. It was a fabulous day of new and great wines. Shawn, the owner and tour leader, was extremely pleasant and knowledgeable. It's really the BEST in Southern California. If you're in the LA area, don't miss it.

Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

Shawn was our guide and he made the day interesting and FUN! He picked us up right on time at our hotel. He was knowledgeable and good natured. Tour was about 6 hours. We came back the coastal highway. I would recommend this company!

1  Thank travelfreak56
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I would highly recommend this tour if you are going to be in the area. I bought it for my mom for Mother's day and we had a wonderful time. Lunch was so good! and the wineries that we visited were great picks! Tonio our tour guide was great and energetic. He knew a lot about the history of Santa Barbara and even pointed out some interesting places like the Hidden Valley Ranch house! I've taken many wine tours in the Napa area and this by far has been one of the bests!

1  Thank Nicole R
Reviewed 18 May 2013

We are a couple of young backpackers travelling on the west coast, trying to experience typical activities in each city we travel to. We went to Santa Barbara to make a wineries tour, and we thought Wine Edventures would be the perfect stuff.

Shawn, the owner of the company, told us by email that he would pick us up at 9:45 at our hostel, but he didn't ask for the address. We figured he knew it, since we gave him the name of the place. We have been standing on the sidewalk in front of the hostel, waiting for him for 45 minutes in vain.

When we called the office at 10 am to ask when he would show up, the lady told me he was going to be there shortly, because he had to wait for somedbody who was late. She was very sorry and all, but for us it was fine, as long as we could make the tour...!

And then, at 10:30, we called again, and the same lady told us that unfortunately, Shawn (who's also the driver) had seen nobody at the hostel, and that he even had spoken to the office person there and that she had seen nobody waiting.
He had been, for sure, at the wrong hostel. And the employee on the phone, the same as earlier, when I explained it to her, hung up on me.

It is really too bad we couldn't make the tour, and it wasn't even our mistake. We are really disappointed and we then advise the people that want to book a tour with Wine edventures to make sure they give them the address of the place they are staying at!

But you know, we found out there are about 20 other companies that offer this kind of tour. We were told there was one in which you sat in a Jeep that can take like 10 people... Cool. Think about it!

2  Thank GabieT
welovewines, Owner at Wine Edventures Wine Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Hello, it's Shawn from Wine Edventures. The review above is very true. After I recieved the call that they were waiting, I went to the hostel that I knew about. In the 11 years I have been doing this, I NEVER KNEW THERE WAS ANOTHER HOSTEL IN SANTA BARBARA! I had 13 other folks on board that were waiting, and since I did not see the customers at the Hostel I was at, I had to go. I am very sorry for the mistake we made, but as you can read here and on YELP, this is not our standard business practice. We communicated our appologies through email to the customer. As for the hang up, that was actually a dropped call since the office # forwards to a cell phone on weekends, we would never hang up on a customer. Cheers!