Yes, vintage can be charming. But, there does come a time when some updating is in order. For those of us detail oriented, there is some definate paint touch-up needed and some of the surfaces needed some deep cleaning. The shower in our room needed re-grouting and one of the handles on the bathroom sink leaked. In addition, the late afternoon cheese and crackers are a tub of cheese spread with an assortment of crackers, and the cookies they talk about in the evening are a plate of Oreos. I will say the staff is friendly and we did not have any problems, I would just like to see this beautiful property have a bit more upkeep for the prices they charge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian treasure in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara, the Upham Hotel and Country House is the oldest continuously operating hotel in Santa Barbara, Southern California. Constructed of redwood with sweeping verandas, the 58-room 1871 landmark is surrounded by an acre of gardens and combines the intimacy of a bed and breakfast with the convenience of a full-service hotel and conference facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your The Upham Hotel & Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Upham Hotel Santa Barbara
- Upham Santa Barbara
- Upham Hotel Santa Barbara