The Country House is a treat not to be missed. The venue of Santa Barbara is limitless what with the beach, the harbor (sailing and boat tours), State Street shopping, and Santa Ynez Valley wine tasting, mission tours, and some of the best restaurants in the state. The Country House is the gem among all this grandeur. Well manicured gardens, immaculate common rooms, and cozy personal bedrooms are all included but the coup de gras is Inn Keeper and chef extraordinaire, Maureen. Her baking skills are unparalleled. From the freshly prepared phyllo dough fingers at afternoon "wine time" to the midnight cookies to the incredible breakfast quiche and blitzes--well what can I say except Yum Yum. Don't miss Ms. Maureen and the Country House.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian treasure in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara, the Upham Hotel and Country House is the oldest continuously operating hotel in Santa Barbara, Southern California. Constructed of redwood with sweeping verandas, the 58-room 1871 landmark is surrounded by an acre of gardens and combines the intimacy of a bed and breakfast with the convenience of a full-service hotel and conference facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your The Upham Hotel & Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Upham Hotel Santa Barbara
- Upham Santa Barbara
- Upham Hotel Santa Barbara