We've stayed in many hotels and motels in Santa Barbara–usually by the beach, but sometimes on upper State Street, but never again.
We stayed in the historic (1871) Upham Hotel right in the heart of the Theater District and within walking distance of Bouchon (a great restaurant) and with Louie's Restaurant right in the main building of the Upham.
Our room was big, bright, immaculate, cheerful, AND we had our own private terrace with a nice patio and furniture so we could eat outside. There are a number of cottages or you can stay in the main building.
The Upham provides wine and cheese from 4 to 6 P.M. and a magnificent breakfast with eggs, cheese, bagels, cereals, hot oatmeal, juice, great coffee, and tea. The dining area is sweet or you can take your food outdoors or into the sunroom.
The staff was helpful, the parking on-site, and the surrounding neighborhood was great for walking.
Can't wait to stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian treasure in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara, the Upham Hotel and Country House is the oldest continuously operating hotel in Santa Barbara, Southern California. Constructed of redwood with sweeping verandas, the 58-room 1871 landmark is surrounded by an acre of gardens and combines the intimacy of a bed and breakfast with the convenience of a full-service hotel and conference facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Upham Hotel & Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Upham Hotel Santa Barbara
- Upham Santa Barbara
- Upham Hotel Santa Barbara