I used to stay in bed and breakfast places all over in Europe, all nice, peaceful very pleasant, But we never stayed in one in the USA. I had no idea how this going to turn out.
Well turned out...Perfect.
Very nice historical building, clean room, helpful stuff, very relaxing atmosphere three blocks from State street but feels like miles away. A really good escape from the XXI century. and yes Sunday I woke up and smelled the coffee. Coming from the downstairs lobby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian treasure in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara, the Upham Hotel and Country House is the oldest continuously operating hotel in Santa Barbara, Southern California. Constructed of redwood with sweeping verandas, the 58-room 1871 landmark is surrounded by an acre of gardens and combines the intimacy of a bed and breakfast with the convenience of a full-service hotel and conference facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Upham Hotel & Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Upham Hotel Santa Barbara
- Upham Santa Barbara
- Upham Hotel Santa Barbara