My girlfriend and I recently spent the weekend here and we very much enjoyed it! From the moment we pulled in the driveway, it felt like we were coming home. Walking to the front desk, we were welcomed with wonderful fragrances from the garden and we instantly relaxed. The concierge was very welcoming and upon request reccomended restaurants and provided maps to the vineyards north of town. We stayed in the Main Building in a Junior Suite with a king-size bed. We found it to be very pleasant and comfortable, almost like we were in our own bedroom! Great bedside reading lamps, soothing colors in the decor..I'm a stickler on things being very clean and I found the room to be impeccable, clean in every respect.
We also enjoyed our continental breakfast and coffee on the backporch in the morning. It was a great way to start the day! I would definitely stay here again, next time I think we'll try a garden cottage and see what that is like. We were able to get an Entertainment Discount, so be sure to mention it if you have one of those cards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian treasure in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara, the Upham Hotel and Country House is the oldest continuously operating hotel in Santa Barbara, Southern California. Constructed of redwood with sweeping verandas, the 58-room 1871 landmark is surrounded by an acre of gardens and combines the intimacy of a bed and breakfast with the convenience of a full-service hotel and conference facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your The Upham Hotel & Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Upham Hotel Santa Barbara
- Upham Santa Barbara
- Upham Hotel Santa Barbara