We stayed here for 2 nights after X-mas and loved it! We stayed in the Windsor room and it was great. Comfy and cozy with a great window seat and private outdoor courtyard and separate entrance. The fireplace was great on the chilly nights too! It was perfect for us as we just needed to get away for a quick trip (our 2 year old was with the grandparents!) It is very much a hidden gem. And our 2 friends stayed 2 nights as well and the common areas were great for catching up. Since it is so small (only 8 rooms) the majority of the time no one else was around. It felt as if we had the place to ourselves. Breakfast is hearty as well, no need for lunch! We also had dinner at Louis's at the Upham Hotel - great as well. We will be back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian treasure in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara, the Upham Hotel and Country House is the oldest continuously operating hotel in Santa Barbara, Southern California. Constructed of redwood with sweeping verandas, the 58-room 1871 landmark is surrounded by an acre of gardens and combines the intimacy of a bed and breakfast with the convenience of a full-service hotel and conference facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Upham Hotel & Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Upham Hotel Santa Barbara
- Upham Santa Barbara
- Upham Hotel Santa Barbara