After a day of wine tasting, we checked into the Upham and loved every minute of it.
The lobby always has a treat at any given time. In the morning its pastries, coffee or juice. In the afternoon its a glass of lemonade or maybe some white wine. In the evening Oreos and milk. It was great seeing kids coloring in the lobby with a plate of Oreos and milk right beside them. Its the little things that make the Upham so charming.
Our room was perfect. For less than $200 we got a comfy room (not huge but rather cozy). To compensate for a smaller room, the bathroom was much larger than expected and I'd rather have a larger bathroom so it doesn't feel like I'm showering in a closet.
Dinner at Louie's (the hotel restaurant) was a nice experience as well. Moderately priced if you don't order wine with your dinner. After a day of drinking wine, I settled on an ice tea for dinner.
All in all, the hotel was great. I'd love to have our same room when we go back to SB.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian treasure in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara, the Upham Hotel and Country House is the oldest continuously operating hotel in Santa Barbara, Southern California. Constructed of redwood with sweeping verandas, the 58-room 1871 landmark is surrounded by an acre of gardens and combines the intimacy of a bed and breakfast with the convenience of a full-service hotel and conference facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your The Upham Hotel & Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Upham Hotel Santa Barbara
- Upham Santa Barbara
- Upham Hotel Santa Barbara