The Eagle Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Barbara Downtown(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$191
  • Breakfast included
Santa Barbara Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$327
US$312
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$234
  • Breakfast included
Spanish Garden Inn(Santa Barbara)
US$346
Hotel Indigo Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$228
US$191
HotelIndigo.com
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Canary Hotel(Santa Barbara)
US$412
US$337
  • Pool
Montecito Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$174
  • Breakfast included
Harbor House Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$287
US$274
Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$398
US$351
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Best Western Plus Encina Lodge & Suites(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$205
Travelocity
2,116 results
All reviewssan clementestate streetdouble showerrose petalswhirlpool tubbreakfast roomwithin walking distancetwo blocksshort walk to the beachquiet neighborhoodnice breakfastspanish stylegranolaamtrak stationromantic getawayeach morningno elevator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Loved our stay here!
Very lovely breakfast and great service.
Lovely location and rooms,we highly recommend :)

Reviewed 2 December 2011

Pros:

-Well priced for Santa Barbara
-Breakfast included
-Free off-street parking
-Sparkling clean
-Good location
-Friendly staff
-Quiet
-Complimentary tea in the lobby
-Microwave and fridge in the room
-Well appointed and decorated

Cons:
-Really can't think of any!
(OK, so a mirror in the bedroom would have been nice, but that's really minor!)

I found The Eagle Inn by doing research on TripAdvisor, and it didn't let me down.

I would definitely return there or recommend it to friends.

It is within walking distance of shops and restaurants in the Harbor and State Street. We basically parked our car in the free lot and walked everywhere. (I recommend the FisHouse and Brophy Brothers for eats!)

The complimentary breakfast changed each day and offered things like spinach quiche, bagel & locks, yogurt & granola and fruit bowls with OJ and a choice of custom coffee drinks.

This establishment is very organized. They seem to run their business well. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful.

One note, the desk is not manned overnight and you use your key to get into the lobby.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We chose a standard room that came with everything we needed...fridge, microwave, flat-screen, 2-headed shower, alarm clock, iron, hair-dryer, etc.
1  Thank lwew
Reviewed 22 November 2011

The eagle inn is located just far enough away from shoreline drive so you do not hear the traffic, but the beach, harbor and state street are all within walking distance. We stayed two nights in the Anacapa cottage which was a delightful little room with attached bath and coffeemaker area. It was very clean and the staff was unobtrusive but available. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank mommyclaire
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I surprised my husband with a trip to The Eagle Inn for his birthday. I had never stayed there before and was hoping it was as nice as the pictures showed. It was not only gorgeous, but totally exceeded my expectaions. Every last detail was first class from rose petals on the whirlpool tub to breakfast delivered in a baket! The free use of the bikes was great and so fun! I highly recommend the Eagle Inn!

Reviewed 21 November 2011

Stayed at the Eagle Inn for the 2011 Santa Barbara marathon. The king room with whirlpool was amazing - so large and well appointed!

The hotel is in a great location, close enough to walk everywhere but off the main streets so it's really quiet.

The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating. Definitely my new B&B / hotel of choice in Santa Barbara.

Two minor things to consider when staying here...

First, my room (210, I believe) was directly above the breakfast room. Not an issue at all for me since I'm an early riser. But you can hear chairs moving around from the morning diners. The room is amazing but if you want to sleep in, you might check for another room.

Second, if the hotel parking lot is full, pay attention to the parking signs before parking on the street. There was a lot of available street parking but I got a ticket because I didn't read the parking sign closely enough. NOT the Eagle Inn's fault in any way, just a comment for visitors. Probably is the same everywhere in Santa Barbara.

Room Tip: Room 210 is amazing - a corner room that's very large. However it is directly above the breakfast area so you can faintly here people dining in the morning. A small trade-off, in my opinion, for such a great room. Also, the room adjacent to 210 (I think it's 208) has a huge outdoor patio.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends