“Loved our stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
“Loved our stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

The Eagle Inn was wonderful. We enjoyed the decor and the amenities in the room. The breakfast each morning was very good with great service. We really enjoyed having the bikes to use, although everything is within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

surferpaul, General Manager at The Eagle Inn, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
I'm glad you enjoyed the breakfast we served. Thank you for commenting about it. Also the bikes are a really popular amenity we offer. All the popular activities are close, but on a bike....it's closer still!
I appreciate you staying with us. Thank you and please come back.
Paul Bullock

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Lower Lake, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

A beautiful property. Very well run with a friendly and helpful staff. Excellent location: quiet, yet centrally situated. Breakfast delivered to our casita in the mornings was a nice touch. Overall highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I really appreciate it, and I'm so very happy that our staff took good care of you. I love the breakfast-in-bed feature that the Casitas all get, it's a lovely way to start the day.
Thanks again
Saratoga, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Room was fine but service was poor and inflexible. The breakfast service was quite enjoyable and we were able to get a seat outside on the patio.
It was well situated to be able to walk to dinner and the pier.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Kris C
Thank you for your review, I'm happy to see that you enjoyed your room. I apologize that the staff seemed inflexible to you. It's sometimes difficult to accommodate all requests. I truly expect that they made every effort to please you.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

My favorite part? The amazing breakfast, included with the room. The bikes were great (free of charge for hotel guests). Everyone was friendly and the room was very comfortable. Also great was the location.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for your great review. We all try hard to make our guests feel comfortable and relaxed. I'm glad you got a chance to enjoy the bikes. We love showing people the bike path by the beach. What a relaxing way to spend some time. Thanks for staying with us and I hope you can return soon!
dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We went to this hotel as part of a 4month holiday, this was our second stop after Las Vegas. It wasamazing. We stayed in a room out of the hotel. The bed was so comfortable we had a fire a ceiling fan a tv our own balcony and a small hottubin our room. Everything you needed was there. After an evening watching the sun go down behind the trees we had champagne and strawberries and my husband to be popped the question. It was the perfect private setting and very romantic. It was about 2 blocks from the beach and about a 15minute walk to the shops bars and restaurants of Santa Barbara. The staff were amazingly friendly and the breakfast was fantastic. There was parking on site and they also had bikes for rent. I would definately come back here again.

Room Tip: Pay extra for rokms with hot tub baths they are very special
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hotelguruDublin
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I'm happy we were able to be the place you'll always remember for your proposal. Thank you for staying with us and thanks for such a nice review. I wish you the best for your lives together. Come back and visit on your honeymoon!
See you soon.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I just returned from not the first, but, the second trip to the Eagle Inn within 6 months! It's said... U can never go back and expect the same!!! Not so.. It was actually even better!

I took my mom (celebrating her 88th birthday)on a train trip all the way down the coast from Vancouver. It was so easy to be able to walk from the station to the Eagle Inn. It was just all so comforting (from the endless plate of homemade cookies in the early evening) the close proximity of really great restaurants, and even a pier walk!
Staying at The Eagle Inn helped me create such an unforgettably enjoyable celebration w my mom.. I would definitely return and recommend it. What was really sweet, was the young housekeeping maid, remembered me from the previou trié and said welcome back!!!! Really nice and rare experience!! Such a great location! Thank u! Lori Pedersen Harrison from Cabo!

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
What nice compliments! I really appreciate your kind words. Coming from a fellow hotel owner, it means a lot that you were impressed. Thank you so much and please give my regards to your wonderful mom! I'm glad you were able to visit with her.
Take care
Jordan, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Recently I stayed at the Eagle Inn with a group of girlfriends. Everything about our stay was perfect. Especially wonderful: the Staff - everyone was so kind, helpful and friendly, the amenities (bikes, served breakfast, free wifi, little picnic area, etc.), and the location which was within walking distance to everything we wanted to see. I highly recommend the Eagle Inn and will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing The Eagle Inn to be your spot for the weekend. It is so nice to be able to walk everywhere. State St and the Funk Zone are close enough to get back in ten minutes - especially after a couple of drinks! I'm happy that we were able to make your weekend so enjoyable. Thank you and please remember us for next time!