“A delightful surprise!”

The Eagle Inn
Ranked #2 of 18 Santa Barbara B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 April 2009

We stayed at the Eagle Inn, for four nights and we were happily surprised by
the room, the staff and the location. The San Nicholas room we stayed in was just amazing. We enjoyed the double size jacuzzi, and the bed was sooo comfortable. We had not expected the perfect cozy, quiet environment.
I wish everyone could have the wonderful experience we had. The Inn even
has bicycles for guest to use free of charge, and since it is a few blocks from the pier and a few streets over from State street, the main street
through town, bicycles were fun to use. The staff was so nice. It felt like
we were staying with family.

Reviewed 27 April 2009

Lovely Mediterranean-style hotel close to beautiful beach, good restaurants, shopping on State Street. Courteous, helpful staff. Reasonably priced.

Reviewed 17 April 2009

The Eagle Inn was a luxurious stay after a long road trip. It's a bit off the beach but in a lovely location. The hotel is only a few blocks from the beach, close enough for a nighttime stroll. The room was super clean and the bathrooms were delux.

We stayed in the San Clemente and loved all of the extra space.

If you are in town for dinner I recommend drinks at Joe's and dinner at The Palace around the corner, delish!

Reviewed 27 March 2009

From the minute we walked in the staff made us feel right at home. They gave us restaurant recommendations, tips on things to do in the area as well as other parts of California...they were absolutely wonderful. We didn't want to stay at a chain hotel so this was an awesome place to stay where we could feel comfortable and experience the Santa Barbara culture. They made us feel so at home! We loved it and will definitely go back!

Reviewed 26 March 2009

This was the fourth time my wife and I have stayed at the Eagle Inn. It just keeps getting better. They have just recently added four brand new "cottages." These are actually beautiful suites with king beds, flat screen TV's, fireplaces and huge deep jaccuzzi tubs. These include my all time favorite shower with two shower heads. There is a sitting area with couch, chair and table and refrig and microwave. I could live here.
The staff has always been very nice and helpful with tips about restaurants and activities.Of course we never get past the Palace Grill and Brophy Brothers. The Palace off State St. on Ortega and Brophy's overlooking the habour and the best part is they are both within walking distance. We have recommended this place to all of our friends and can't wait to visit again.

Reviewed 26 March 2009

Clean, quiet, friendly, charming, just cannot say enough. Sits in a residential neighborhood with old Santa Barbara charm. I am a walker and this is paradise. Short walk (2blks) to Marina and Beach. Marina has great restaurants and is not as crowded as Stearns Wharf, which is about a 15 min walk. If you walk to Stearns, you can catch shuttle bus (free) and travel up and down State St. Lots of shopping, small restuarants (try the TAJ for great Indian cuisine) and theatres. Train station is 5 min walk away, if you want to come in by train. If you are adventurous - take the bus to the end of the line on State and walk to the Mission. It is only a mile walk through a incredible neighborhood and the Mission is well worth the time. Or try the 4 mile walk to Hendry's beach; great food, wonderful restored wetland, incredible beach - well worth a day's trip on foot. I come here yearly for a 5-day getaway and always leave relaxed. Staff is great, continental breakfast is fresh, filling and served in a wonderful room with a balcony table - which I heartily recommend. Parking is off the street. Rates are very reasonable for this area and lower than surrounding hotels. You cannot go wrong.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 March 2009

I had never been to Santa Barbara before and initially had no idea on where to stay during my trip. After hours/days of researching, I found the Eagle Inn on the internet and it had everything I wanted for my weekend trip so I booked the 'Santa Barbara' cottage. When I arrived at the Inn, I realized that it was even better in person than I had imagined...private cottage that really felt like a home and not even close to being a stuffy hotel room...whirlpool tub for two decorated with rose petals (Inn was happy to fulfill this request complimentary to celebrate a special occasion & even wrote a card) and huge shower with double showerheads...an attached living room perfect for our amazing in-room massages (thanks to the nearby spa)...two flat screen tvs...private outdoor patio...very spacious and clean...I honestly could go on and on about how wonderful the place was to us. If you are looking to have a romantic weekend in Santa Barbara, I highly recommend spending the extra dollars for a cottage at the Eagle Inn...trust me, you will see that it is completely worth it.