This hotel is about 3 miles south of Santa Barbara - you can walk there and follow a beach path. They will also lend you beach cruisers, though we did not partake.
Parking is $8 and wifi is free. There is also a basic continental breakfast.
The Cafe downstairs is pretty good. Locals come here too. Portions are huge so be careful when you order!
The two things I disliked about the hotel:
1) we booked on Expedia so the hotel did not have our direct contact information prior to arrival. When we arrived we found out that there would be no electrify between midnight and 6 (the city's doing). My sister asked the agent checking us in how she could have known about this before the cancellation policy went into effect. The agent stated we received an email with the information.ABSOLUTELY FALSE. Expedia does not provide emails to the hotel ahead of checkin time so we did not and could not have received such an email. I'm guessing the guy is an idiot and not maliciously lying.
2) found a hair in the shower. Trust me. It wasn't mine. Pretty gross.
Good things: the hot tub was nice and I didn't see kids around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Montecito Inn was built in 1928 by screen legend Charlie Chaplin as an escape to paradise for his closest friends. Enriched with influences reminiscent of early Santa Barbara, guest rooms are a reflection of the Montecito Inn's proud history and tradition. Bedrooms decorated with classic patterns and furnishings in warm earth tones and bathrooms adorned with hand-painted ceramic tile create an elegant ambiance. The Montecito Inn offers the perfect blend of classic style, comfort, convenience, and personalized service. Wake up in the morning to a continental breakfast served in the hotel's restaurant, the Montecito Cafe, or have it delivered to your door. Enjoy lunch and dinner at the Montecito Cafe, a local favorite, which boasts an exquisite California Nouveau cuisine. Other fine dining is also available only a walk away. Relax by the pool and Jacuzzi, or walk only 2.5 Blocks to the beach. Also enjoy the day in Montecito, one of America's most beautiful seaside communities, with boutique shopping. Featuring 61 Elegant Guest Rooms & Luxury Suites, the Montecito Inn offers all of the quality, service and elegance that Santa Barbara has to offer. Our staff is waiting to help satisfy your every desire. Today, the escape is yours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Montecito Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montecito Hotel Santa Barbara