“Enjoyable stay...no complaints...look for deal on Travelzoo.com”
Review of Montecito Inn

Montecito Inn
Ranked #17 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Los Angeles, California
“Enjoyable stay...no complaints...look for deal on Travelzoo.com”
Reviewed 26 May 2010

My wife, along with my sister spent 2 nights at the Montecito Inn last weekend and was pleased with it. We found a deal for $140 per weekend night on travelzoo.com and the room was comfortable and clean. The staff were friendly and helpful and parking was $5.00 a day for valet which we thought was fair. There is a pool and jacuzzi which were also nice.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Orange, CA
Reviewed 24 May 2010

We booked this weekend after friends raved about what a great time they had through Travel Zoom and got a great rate. Read some of the negative reviews but our trip was fantastic. We were upgraded to a wonderful room...#406. Comfy !! King bed, fireplace, jacuzzi tub in a huge fancy marble bathroom with nice toiletries. We were right on the street, but the windows were tinted and super sound proofed. The black out drapes cut out all light (we love to sleep in on vacation, thus we never got to try the free cont breakfast). The heat and air conditioning worked great. The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful. The location was perfect for a very relaxing weekend...beach was a short walk...less than half a mile. Plenty of nice (but not cheap, this is Montecito) resturants to walk to. No chains or fast food. We loved Jeanines bakery. We sat outside for lunch and breakfast. You have to try the Banana Kaulua French Toast...vacation heaven! It was a nice quiet place to stay...still just a couple minutes from Stearns Warf and downtown Santa Barbara. We also had a great time at the lovely zoo (close enough to walk or ride to, apprx 2 miles). We will be back!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
California
Reviewed 23 May 2010

I just stayed at the montecito inn and was quite disappointed. I found this hotel through a deal they were having on travelzoo. It was supposed to include an upgrade to a deluxe room (with a fireplace and jacuzzi), free breakfast, and free bike rentals. We were in the area for the wedding and when I arrived I was lucky that I was able to check in early. However, at check-in the receptionist never mentioned any of the benefits of the package. Didn't let me know that I would not be upgraded to a deluxe room. No mention of how breakfast or the bike rentals worked. I know the fine print on the deluxe rooms were upon availability (fine I'll let that go, but they should of said something). I had to call down to the front desk to find out about the breakfast and bike rentals. The room itself was boutique like (the bathroom reminded me of my grandparent's house and the hot water fluxuated a lot). I would say for the price it wasn't worth it. The bed was incomfortable and both myself and my fiancee woke up with sore backs. Upon check-out they told me I had a balance. What balance I didn't use the phone or anything?! Apparently they charge for parking and didn't bother to tell us (and we didn't even do valet). Communication and customer service at the this inn is poor. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2010
Burbank, California
Reviewed 17 May 2010

Just stayed at the Montecito Inn this weekend, and I have to say, it was SO fantastic!! The staff was amazingly professional, friendly and extremely courteous. They addressed us by name and were so nice and polite!! Valet service was especially wonderful. The rooms were clean and beautiful, and the hotel itself is very charming. Yes, it was built in 1928, so there are a few things that are different from modern hotels, but that's part of the charm. The keys are real (!), the rooms a little small, but they were wonderful nonetheless. Best thing was the beds were super-comfy and the walls soundproof. Loved the bathroom, which was all Spanish tiling, as well. Beautiful! The best part of our visit was eating at the Montecito Cafe. One night I had the filet, which was probably the best one I've EVER had! Also had the salmon the next day, and it did not disappoint, either. Loved, loved, loved the creme brulee and did I mention the filet? Amazing!! Can't wait to go back there again :)

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
San Luis Obispo, CA
Reviewed 19 April 2010

I've driven past this hotel for YEARS and wondered how it would be to stay there. I found out, and never again. The room was tiny, and too warm (no air conditioning) and if the windows were open the noise from the freeway and from the kitchen below made sleep impossible. Many of the good shops in Montecito have gone out of business, so walking around wasn't much fun. We left a day early to get a good night's rest.

Gilbert, Az
Reviewed 18 March 2010

It is time to spread the word - The Montecito Inn has obviously listened to the critics and has responded. We found the quality of service and hospitality to be outstanding. Ironically, the location is what makes the inn so appealing. You can park the car and all your needs are walking distance away. From fine dining to the great local pizza and plenty of boutique shopping. We took advantage of the free bike rental and within a few minutes we were on the beach. Finally, the accommodations were above and beyond what we could of imagined. We were fortunate to stay in their premiere suite appropriately named The Apartment. This newly renovated and updated suite features endless flat screen tvs (even in each bathroom mirror) and has every amenity and comfort of a 5 star penthouse suite. This is a hotel that should be on your short list for your next stay in Santa Barbara. We would like to thank Jim the Manager, Danny
the General Manager and the entire staff for their attention to detail and gracious service.

CA
Reviewed 9 March 2010

My husband and I were apprehensive to stay here after reading some of the reviews, but we decided to give it a try and are so happy we did! We, too, booked with a promotion offered by Travel Zoo at a discounted rate with option to upgrade to a suite upon check in and we got it! We were in a lovely deluxe king suite complete with huge jacuzzi tub and fireplace in the living room...it was awesome! The suites are also sound proof. The hotel IS right off of the freeway (it was built in 1928 before the freeway existed!), so I suggest, if not staying in one of the 7 suites, requesting a "mountain view" room - which is on the opposite side to the freeway. Also, we found the staff to be very pleasant and helpful! (We were told there has been a recent change in employees, so maybe the "rude" ones we read about in some reviews are no longer there....seriously....the front desk, valet guys, room service, etc....NOBODY was ever rude! The continental breakfast is delivered to your room when you're staying in a suite, and we were satisfied....the options were simple and we chose fresh apple juice, coffee, tea, granola, yogurt, apple, banana, muffins and croissants - definitely enough food! We loved the charm of this hotel and had a wonderful, romantic weekend! So maybe WHERE you stay in this hotel noise wise, etc is key....all we know is that we'll be back!