“Beautiful grounds”

Ranked #42 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Jerusalem, Israel
“Beautiful grounds”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We arrived at night in search of a motel before traveling to the airport.
The room we recieved had it's own little private entrance. It was clean and well kept.
Our surprise was in daylight when we saw the grounds.
There is a lovely pool and the gardens are very well maintained with paths running through them.
If I come back in warmer weather I would definitely consider staying here.
Great atmosphere (usually we just look for a place to go to sleep and leave in the morning).

Room Tip: Ask for one on the reception's side.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Miki1310

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I'm sorry to write a negative review, but this place was very disappointing. My family and I only stayed here for one night, on our way down the California Coast. Santa Barbara seems to have particularly expensive hotels, compared to other areas of the state. We were very disappointed in this hotel -- it seemed to us that the furniture was scuffed and dirty looking, the breakfast food was scant and inedible, and the place didn't seemed well-cared for. We thought that for the price, and compared to other budget motels we tried, this hotel was substandard. However, if you must stay here, the location is fine and there is a great Thai restaurant just a few doors down the street.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 33PatriciaG

Travellers are raving about these Santa Barbara hotels

toronto, canada
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Hi, we were here two years ago, part of a two-week trip from San Francisco. Our room at the corner, not two story but next to office, was great. We swam in pool, had drinks on tables, dresses for a trip down State Stree. We loved our small but modern room. We would go back to Oasis to straddle the golf course and beach. It was fabulous. We stayed the next day, a five day visit, at the Intercontinental San Fran and liked our Oasis Inn better!,, Don't get me started.

Room Tip: Do not stay on motel side. Stay on side next to main office...one story and charming.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 5 February 2013

My inlaws were coming to town and I needed to find a hotel for them for their stay. Oasis was reasonable and near our neighborhood. I picked them up at the airport & took them to check in. They allowed early check in (I called the day prior to ask) and were so nice to us when we checked them in. The room was clean and quiet. My inlaws have stayed at the Quality Inn & Motel 6 on previous trips, they said the Oasis will be their choice from now on. They liked the convenience and could walk to Gelsons, 7-11, the post ofc and back /forth to our house.

Thank you Oasis for making their stay a pleasurable one!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JULIO S
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 25 January 2013

We were here for a night and I was surprised to find out that the rooms are spacey ,clean & bright. Its not easy to find a good price accommodation in SB. I am glad I chose this motel for the night . There is a huge supermarket across the road and a few restaurants nearby which is just a walk away.
State Str is a pretty long street. You need a car to get you to where the action is ( about 8 min drive)
We had difficulties finding a parking spot at night though. Receptionist suggested to park around the block behind the motel (basically a nice residential area) very quiet street. It was safe. I have no problems staying here again in near future if I ever come to SB.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank traveldayne
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2012

We were very happy with this little motel in Santa Barbara. The room was quite large and clean, we had two double beds, the bathroom was large, clean and had lots of fresh towels. The room came with an iron, ironing board and coffee maker, the bathroom had little toiletries laid out. The motel is in a good location on State Street - plenty of eateries within walking distance as well as a couple of general stores and a short cab ride away from the downtown area. It was quite warm outside and the room had a good a/c system to cool the room down quickly. There was a small parking lot outside and a nice pool/seating area just off the lot which is quiet despite being on a fairly busy road. Overall a nice little motel in a good location.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Paso Robles, CA
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Not quite sure why the reviews aren't better but I was very impressed by this hotel given what it is. It is an older hotel and it is on a major street. The hotel is well kept, clean and it is very evident that the management is trying very hard to make it a nice facility. The grounds are well kept, the rooms have been updated and the bathrooms are very nice. I made a reservation for two rooms with James approximately two months in advance. Based on other reviews I called and confirmed one week out. No problems. James was at the front desk when I checked in and he accommodated us with two rooms side by side. The staff was friendly and I had no issues at check in. The rate quoted was the rate that I received. The hotel is in a good location of Santa Barbara if you are visiting the Santa Barbara Bowl. One of the nice things about the hotel is that they didn't have a two night minimum on the weekend. I thought the hotel was quaint and quiet. I will stay again.

Room Tip: Choose a room farther near the pool and on the backside of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends