“Cute, helpful staff, beautiful grounds/location”
Review of Oasis Inn & Suites

Oasis Inn & Suites
Ranked #44 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Just spent the night in SB, arrived earlier than normal check-in after a long drive and was very accommodated by excellent Front Desk staff. Rooms that are around office and pool seem the quietest, being dog friendly is a HUGE PLUS! Not a 4 Star hotel, but the price and location across from a wonderful market/grocer and cafes is awesome. Easy drive from 101 and short drive to Downtown and on to the Beach.

Clean and basic, but also by far the cheapest in the high season for Santa Barbara!

Room Tip: Definitely choose the single story around the pool...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank RobM1955

Reviewed 21 June 2013

My friend and I have been traveling the California coast spending a night in each major city. I booked the room here directly through their website a few weeks in advance and received a confirmation email. When driving to the location after a long day of travel I received a call from this establishment. We were about 20 minutes away at approximately 7:30 pm and they told us they hadn't scheduled our reservation. There was no room for us! We were told we could stay at a few other nearby places for a higher rate. I told them I wouldn't be responsible for the difference. I told them I'd speak to them when I arrived. They kept calling my cell while I was driving! When we got there he had found a room at a motel a few blocks away for a similar rate ($2.50 more not worth argument) and that we could go there and book it ourselves. We were offered to come back in the morning for their continental breakfast and pool since the place we were going to didn't have either and not even real coffee. They said if we ever came back they would give us 10% off! Like I'd bother if I ever make it back there. We are from new York and may never be in California again! I could not believe they didn't do anything more to make up for the inconvenience. So disappointing and frustrating after a long day to show up with no room!

Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Spent one night there with my wife on my way to San Francisco. Room is basic and aircon is noisy but it was a good size with a kitchenette and comfortable bed. Got a good nights rest before continuing up the coast. Friendly helpful staff, who were more than happy to help out with suggestions of things to do and directions. Nice sized clean pool in the garden which offers another area to relax in. Shops directly across the road offer anything that was forgotten. Breakfast was basic, but had all the essentials. All in all gave me what I was looking for a good nights rest in a comfortable quiet location.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank blomdan
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We arrived at night in search of a motel before traveling to the airport.
The room we recieved had it's own little private entrance. It was clean and well kept.
Our surprise was in daylight when we saw the grounds.
There is a lovely pool and the gardens are very well maintained with paths running through them.
If I come back in warmer weather I would definitely consider staying here.
Great atmosphere (usually we just look for a place to go to sleep and leave in the morning).

Room Tip: Ask for one on the reception's side.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Miki1310
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I'm sorry to write a negative review, but this place was very disappointing. My family and I only stayed here for one night, on our way down the California Coast. Santa Barbara seems to have particularly expensive hotels, compared to other areas of the state. We were very disappointed in this hotel -- it seemed to us that the furniture was scuffed and dirty looking, the breakfast food was scant and inedible, and the place didn't seemed well-cared for. We thought that for the price, and compared to other budget motels we tried, this hotel was substandard. However, if you must stay here, the location is fine and there is a great Thai restaurant just a few doors down the street.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 33PatriciaG
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Hi, we were here two years ago, part of a two-week trip from San Francisco. Our room at the corner, not two story but next to office, was great. We swam in pool, had drinks on tables, dresses for a trip down State Stree. We loved our small but modern room. We would go back to Oasis to straddle the golf course and beach. It was fabulous. We stayed the next day, a five day visit, at the Intercontinental San Fran and liked our Oasis Inn better!,, Don't get me started.

Room Tip: Do not stay on motel side. Stay on side next to main office...one story and charming.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2013

My inlaws were coming to town and I needed to find a hotel for them for their stay. Oasis was reasonable and near our neighborhood. I picked them up at the airport & took them to check in. They allowed early check in (I called the day prior to ask) and were so nice to us when we checked them in. The room was clean and quiet. My inlaws have stayed at the Quality Inn & Motel 6 on previous trips, they said the Oasis will be their choice from now on. They liked the convenience and could walk to Gelsons, 7-11, the post ofc and back /forth to our house.

Thank you Oasis for making their stay a pleasurable one!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family