“good for passing by”

Ranked #42 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
UK
“good for passing by”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I can't really comment on location as we stayed here for one night whilst passing through to LA, however there is a restaurant over the road that was great.

The rooms were really lovely, clean and comfortable. The staff were really friendly and helpful and we had a good sleep. Would definitely revisit.

The breakfast wasn't much to be desired and would probably give it a miss but everything else was fantastic, and free parking was a bonus,

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

I had to extend my stay in SB to attend a fancy dress event at 3 on a Sat. Since I couldn't extend at my hotel, I started checking on Fri am and was met with either no vacancy or too high a price. Found Oasis and registered on line for $209. My probablem was check out was 12 and check in there was 3 as was the event. After a rocky start trying to call (no answer till 10 am), I got a nice gal on the line who said they would find a room for me by noon. I arrived with some concern, but figured I would make do for one evening. First thing I saw was the well kept grounds. The place looks like an old style California motel, garden,tables around the pool, covered veranda in front of the rooms. Desk was polite and the room was wonderful (I had the corner #10, try to get the one story bldg 1-10, the other bldg is more ordinary). Room was large and beautifully appointed as was bathroom. New fixtures and a double mirror. Nice extra was the medicine cabinet on the wall. Wifi was free and easy to work. Breakfast was set out in the small office. I didn't eat, but it looked exceptionally clean and appetizing. Was $209 too high, probably for other areas, but for a Sat in SB, I was happy.

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Fran I
swansea
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stopped here for a night on the drive to San Fran... Santa Barbara is a lovely place and we wish we had stayed longer.The Oasis is a short drive to the shops/pier/beach,and has a,Seven Eleven,close by.
So,its a convenient location,nice rooms,with small kitchen area and comfy beds.It has a small pool,and reception serves breakfast

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dublin
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stayed in this Motel in June and it was exactly what it said on the tin.
Clean, large rooms with all facilities and we especially enjoyed the swimming pool after a long days drive.
However the reason for this review is to thank the staff for their superb help.
My brain failed me on departure and I left my jacket on the back of a chair in the room. Two phone calls later and it was on its way to my next hotel in Las Vegas. Great service.
Many thanks again guys and if you find my brain under any of the chairs, please send on.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed 8 August 2013

The good: great location, pleasant outdoor seating with tables on site, new t.v., and comfortable mattress. The bad: pleasant but ineffective staff: informed staff that our in-room coffee maker wasn't working- we were told that it would be replaced. 10 hours later and the next day: it was not replaced. The bad: dusty room and towels needed to be replaced. We looked for hard boiled eggs at the complimentary breakfast bar on Monday that we found on Sunday but were told they were only available on week-ends. Give me a break: 6 or 7 dozen hard boiled eggs would be sufficient for this modest sized hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ribrib60

Travellers are raving about these Santa Barbara hotels

Sydney
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Youch..... This is the most expensive two nights in the whole of our vacation of 32 nights. At $240 nightly I would have expected a lot more than offered at the Oasis. Not sure if this is a pet friendly hotel but my partner spent the two days dosed up on zirtec due to allergies and given the cost one would have expected the breakfast to have been a little more extensive. The location was excellent and without realising we had landed in Santa Barbara in the middle of the Old Spanish Festival which was great to see. The best time was our trip to Los Olivos and Solvang - more on these locations in my other posts.

On the good side, the gardens at this hotel are immaculate and the pool pristine although a little too cool to enjoy. However, I think I would consider other options in future visits to Santa Barbara, which is a location we will return to again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Pembroke Pines
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Wasn't sure what to expect after reading the reviews which are mixed but favorable for the most part. Because of the location & the price, I decided to take a chance. This is not your typical style motel as you can see by the photos. I did follow the room tips & asked for a room near the office & the pool which was a good choice. The location is on a busy street (State) but this really doesn't cause a problem. There is adequate parking & noise was not an issue. The grounds are very nice with small, somewhat segregated, sitting areas which lend themselves to family gatherings for a meal or a drink. The pool area is rather plain but clean & adequate with a privacy hedge around. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, the TV adequate, but floor area very small with only one chair. (We spent little time in the room.) The bathroom was also very small, but had been redone & was very fresh looking. (The shower would not accomodate a very heavy individual). The breakfast was satisfactory - muffins, bagels, bread to toast, packaged pastries, fruit cups, & fresh fruit, cereal, juice, coffee & tea. The staff was very pleasant & helpful, especially Tatiana & Mike. Special compliments to them. A few last comments about the location - across the street from shops & restaurants, & about 10 to 15 minutes from the heart of Santa Barbara. The rates were very good during the week, but increase quite a bit on the weekend.

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool & office. Rates go way up on the weekend.