“Needs to work on customer service”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Oasis Inn & Suites

Oasis Inn & Suites
Ranked #42 of 51 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Needs to work on customer service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

We stayed for one night. The room was well sized with a large TV, a very large bed, a microwave and a fridge. The bathroom was small with a small shower. Although we arrived before check in time we were able to check in to the room. However that was where the helpfulness of the staff ended. The (double) bed only had three pillows. When I asked for another I was informed that they had run out of "extra" pillows. When I went for breakfast there was a frustrated guest at reception trying to get hold of a member of staff. I eventually managed to track down a member of staff to supply extra food for breakfast as there was hardly anything available. When I came to check out 15 minutes before the official check out time there was nobody at the check out desk. This place would be better if the staff made more effort to be helpful. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. There are plenty of other properties in the area.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chris D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Gdynia, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

We could see some deficiencies in the hotel. However they were not important for us because of the beautiful garden around the swimming pool. A sea of flowers with tables for general use among the flowers made us happy. Fair cleanness, relatively good breakfast and friendly Chinese staff - it was enough for us to review this motel with high notes.

1 Thank StaWas
Somerton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

This motel is in a good location, we only used it as a stopover point on our way back down the coast, so didn't explore Santa Barbara but lots of good restaurants and eating places within walking distance. We had a suite with our two teenagers, the beds were ok and sheets clean but the kitchen/living area of the suite stank of fish and fried food and my son really didn't want to sleep in that area on the pull out bed. Also it was the only time in our whole two week holiday that I felt a little scared. Groups of men sat outside our room talking, shouting, swearing until quite late and at one point considered packing up and leaving. Didn't have the breakfast but looked Ok and staff were pleasant. Wouldn't visit again although I think there were better rooms.

Room Tip: We were in the main block on the ground floor, I would not recommend.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Santa Maria
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

This place is terrible. First our room had ants, then they moved us to a smaller room. And construction all day, even on the wall that the room adjoins. I just don't recommend it, the construction is very loud and the accommodation and service were poor.

Terrible.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else

Travellers are raving about these Santa Barbara hotels

Highland, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

My husband and I stopped here as we wanted to see a bit of Santa Barbara on our way up the coast. Despite its very urban location it held a very peaceful charm. There were lovely little benches and chairs outside the room that one could sit and read and look upon a very well tended courtyard with tables that had colorful umbrellas, fountains and lovely greenery all about. The room was small but had all that one would need with coffee, fridge, microwave, plenty of towels and pillows.
It was clear that the owners did all that they could to keep out the bustle of the city so that clients could decompress....which we were able to do. This place was also kept very clean inside and out. I was quite impressed.

UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

I can't really comment on location as we stayed here for one night whilst passing through to LA, however there is a restaurant over the road that was great.

The rooms were really lovely, clean and comfortable. The staff were really friendly and helpful and we had a good sleep. Would definitely revisit.

The breakfast wasn't much to be desired and would probably give it a miss but everything else was fantastic, and free parking was a bonus,

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

I had to extend my stay in SB to attend a fancy dress event at 3 on a Sat. Since I couldn't extend at my hotel, I started checking on Fri am and was met with either no vacancy or too high a price. Found Oasis and registered on line for $209. My probablem was check out was 12 and check in there was 3 as was the event. After a rocky start trying to call (no answer till 10 am), I got a nice gal on the line who said they would find a room for me by noon. I arrived with some concern, but figured I would make do for one evening. First thing I saw was the well kept grounds. The place looks like an old style California motel, garden,tables around the pool, covered veranda in front of the rooms. Desk was polite and the room was wonderful (I had the corner #10, try to get the one story bldg 1-10, the other bldg is more ordinary). Room was large and beautifully appointed as was bathroom. New fixtures and a double mirror. Nice extra was the medicine cabinet on the wall. Wifi was free and easy to work. Breakfast was set out in the small office. I didn't eat, but it looked exceptionally clean and appetizing. Was $209 too high, probably for other areas, but for a Sat in SB, I was happy.

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo