“Santa Barbara's Little Jewel”

Beach House Inn & Apartments
Ranked #6 of 18 Santa Barbara B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I don't really know where to start because I all I want to do is gush all over this place and on the other hand I don't want anybody else to know about it! Let me start by saying that my friend and I stayed for nine nights. So my review comes from lots of time at this precious little place. I say little because there are only 12 rooms. On the other hand the rooms are anything but little! We stayed in a King Suite. Never ever felt cramped or stir crazy. Very relaxing space with the best energy ever! Very spacious bathroom and dressing area with lots and lots of storage. No living out of a suitcase here. The living space was equally spacious with a desk, two chairs with foot stools and great king bed. Not to mention the flat screen TV, fireplace and fabulous windows. The kitchen was fully stocked with everything you need. If it isn't there they will get it for you! Great gas stove, full size refrigerator, microwave, toaster and coffee maker. Nothing but quality all the way down to the paper towels! All you need to bring is the food! Every room opens up to this adorable courtyard with the most peaceful and relaxing feeling. Plenty of comfy seating and green grass. The best place to have your breakfast in the morning and drink your wine every evening. Speaking of breakfast, they serve fresh hot coffee every morning. Now let's talk cleanliness. Everyday our bed was made, we got fresh towels and our room was vacuumed and mopped. Truly one of the cleanest places I have ever stayed. Ever. The staff is nothing but genuinely kind, helpful and enthusiastic. Something this world could use a little more of. In closing, nine days was not enough. Planning on staying a minimum of two weeks next time! We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank cindyreese
There are newer reviews for Beach House Inn & Apartments

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Quaint and welcoming, the Beach House Inn was the perfect spot for our visit to Santa Barbara. The rooms are large, have great amenities and very clean. Its quiet and very close to the beach - you can walk to just about everything. They are very accommodating to those traveling with dogs - which is very appreciated by those of us who prefer to vacation with our pups. The owners / staff were very friendly and helpful - especially in directing us to dog friendly places to eat - hike - etc. Would definitely come back!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This dog-friendly inn was comfortable for the two of us plus our dog. We stayed in a king studio which has a spacious room, a kitchenette in a separate room and a dressing area. The inn was nicely renovated. One thing that impressed us was that there were plenty of hooks on the bathroom door and by the front door! We wish all hotels followed this model. Also, the chairs were comfortable both inside and outside as well as the bed. Friendly help at the front desk.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Happened upon the Beach House Inn after finding most everything else in town was booked. We got the last room, and oh, it was lovely from start to finish. The people at the desk are beyond nice, very helpful, and pleasant on the phone too. The room was so great - big, comfortable king sized bed, cute little kitchen, nice bath. They loan out DVD's, have bikes that can be used, and just a few tiny details that made it extra special. There are little seating areas in the parking lots that area inviting and welcoming with solar candles lit at night, a morning newspaper on the tables in the morning. But, the most wonderful surprise - a welcome basket full of little treats, compliments of the Beach House Inn. The banana bread loaf was sooooooo delicious. My husband and I both thought that it was the little extra touches that made this little property so wonderful. To not have to pay for DVD's, bikes, and food in the room was worth the little bit higher price. I'd definitely stay here again, and the staff deserves kudo's for creating such a nice atmosphere. By the way, the location is fantastic as well.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2013

My dad had found this place sort of last minute for me and my mom to have a quick get away. We weren't sure what to expect but knew it was dog friendly and that's all that really mattered to us. When we got there we were pleasantly surprised!! It was 60's style outside but inside was updated, beautiful, and very cozy! We had the smallest room, which was perfect for my mom, myself and our golden retriver, Tank. Technically we didnt have a kitchenett but it still had a refirdgerator, microwave and some dishes! My mom was impressed with all the cabinets and shelving in the bathroom which is not common other places. The fireplace and flat screen TV was a nice bonus! The owners were very welcoming and friendly, really made you feel at home. We will both be recommending this wonderful gem to our friends and family!!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 28 May 2013

At the last minute, our beach camping didn't work out due to 40 mph winds and we were lucky to find the Beach House Inn. It is a small motel set up with a courtyard and plenty of outdoor furniture to sit and enjoy complimentary coffee or your breakfast or a cold beverage. Tony is a pleasure and was very helpful with making our reservation and then updating us on the local info and particularly the dog info. The rooms are BIG with a full kitchen and an open closet area. They have their own parking. Nice park for dogs 1/2 a block away and beach only about 2 blocks.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I have stayed at the Beach House Inn a few times now during my visits to Santa Barbara and finally had to write a review about this place. There is something magical about this place and other people I have talked to about it have the same feeling. You can feel the difference immediately upon stepping foot on the property. It draws me in each time and I feel as if I am held in a safe place the entire time I am there.
The owners, Pam and Sandra, are amazing and so hospitable. There is no other place I would choose to stay in Santa Barbara! I wish there were places like their's in every city I travel. Thanks Pam and Sandra for creating a home away from home!

Room Tip: All of the rooms I have stayed in are great.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business