“good place for value”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Barbara
Ranked #23 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Reviewed 24 April 2014

This is a nice modest hotel with heated pool, friendly staff. The rooms are spacious. Nice bathroom. Beds and pillows are comfortable. Good value, includes breakfast, centrally located. The only inconvenience is that the internet access is slow and poor in the rooms, but okay outside by the pool. The walls are thin too, so if your neighbor is rowdy, you can hear everything...

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Scott N, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you for the kind review of the hotel.

I'm please you enjoyed the spaciousness of the rooms and you fould the staff friendly and helpful!

We look forward to having you as our guest the next time you visit Santa Barbara!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

This hotel is ideally located for State Street and the rooms and facilities are first rate. All the fixtures and fittings in our room were of high quality. The bathroom was large and the towels were very high quality. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast provided a wide range of options.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for the kind review of the hotel

I'm please to know that you enjoyed your room and found the staff friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is a VERY old property in a great location that's within close proximity to great restaurants and shopping. A small market is directly across the street. Indeed, as others have said, this place is currently being remodeled (currently during April 2014) and the parking lot is a mess. Construction related noise starts early in the morning. My room has newer carpets, paint and a newly rebuilt bathroom. Someone got overzealous with caulking around the toilet and placed a smaller, standard toilet seat on a noisy "vacuum flush" toilet that needs a long-boy seat. Toilets in other rooms are so loud, I can hear them in my room throughout the night. There isn't any way to make the walls, floors/ceilings any more soundproof. There also appears to be fleas on the living room sofa.

If noise doesn't bother you, this is an affordable (for Santa Barbara prices) place to stay in a good location. I, however, am easily disturbed by noise and can only give a poor rating.

Lastly, it is odd that upon check-in, I've already been fully charged for my three nights stay. I've never experienced this practice in any of my North American travels.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Scott N, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for your review of the hotel.

The renovation has been completed and there is now ample parking. I apologize for the nosie during the last phase of renovation.

We look forward to having you back as our guest the next time you visit Santa Barbara!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I was charged for a night I did not stay when I attempted to book a room online. I think what happened is they did not have availability and the reservation system defaulted to a day when a room was available. When the system responded by asking me to book, I just assumed it accepted the dates I input and I didn't check carefully. Come to find out that we did NOT have a reservation when we arrived but had been charged for a room a couple days earlier. Very unfortunate.

1  Thank Lora O

Hi Lora,

I wanted to let other travlelers know that we were in contact and able to resove this matter to your satisfaction.

And, yes please double check the dates when making your reservations on line as you entered an incorrect date.

As I stated in my email to you, please contact me the next time you visit Santa Barbara and I will personally make your reservations.

A TripAdvisor Member
Marina del Rey, California
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed there for the first two nights of our honey moon, at the begining we were a little skeptical about how the experience would be, but as soon as we arrived averyone welcomed us as congratulate us, the room was clean and nice. I would definitely stay again.

The only thing we didn't like is that we couldn't find parking for onw night and we had to wait close to one hour to find a parking spot.

Other than that we had a great experience!

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Scott N, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Congraulations on your wedding and honeymoon!

I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay with us!

We look forward to having you back as our guests the next time you visit Santa Barbara!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

This is an older property, beautifully redone in modern somewhat oriental style in cool turquoise and beige. The pool courtyard is lushly landscaped. Love the new showers! The service was impeccable. The breakfast bar was quite extensive.

Room Tip: Rooms on either street side are noisy due to early AM delivery trucks for the store across the stree...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Scott N, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review of the hotel!

I'm please to know you enjoyed the lush landscaping by the pool and the staff provided impeccable service.

We look forward to you returning as our guest the next time you visit Santa Barbara!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

The quick: clean, relatively quiet (depending on other guests), new upgrades, I would stay again.

More: Before booking, I read the hotel was going through upgrades and there were past noise issues. When we stayed this past week, construction was done and not an issue. Very clean, brand new furniture, facilities, everything. It was kind of fun being some of the first in a new room. The rooms are very modern and roomy (we got a king room facing the pool). Beds were very comfy and plenty of pillows.

Staff was friendly and interested in satisfying customers. The pool towel hamper by the pool was empty and they showed up with more right after they were notified. One night, a bus full of teenagers showed up and were making an inordinate amount of noise in the pool in the evening. We called the front desk, they acknowledged our complaint and asked the pool users to lower the noise. They did.

Breakfast was your normal hotel breakfast. Danish, toast, bagels, waffles, cereal, etc. But again, a very clean, neat area that was well stocked.

I had to use the gift shop for some sundries I forgot and the prices weren't outrageous.

My husband and I enjoyed the location. We're in our early 40s and liked that the hotel was on the main street but situated enough away from the city noise.

Room Tip: There are two buildings, so if you want to be close to the lobby, pool and breakfast, ask to be plac...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review of the hotel.

I'm please to know that my staff was able to handle the noisy kids in the pool and filled up the pool towel hamper.

We look forward to having you and your husband as our guests the next time you visit Santa Barbara!