“great setting and great service”

Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara
Ranked #41 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Reviewed 8 November 2013

stayed at Hyatt two nights. found ample parking and great service. quick check in service. lovely views from room. good size quiet room and bed was very comfortable. great food in restaurant and great meal service or conference group.

Room Tip: Ask for room with water view
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
HyattGM995, General Manager at Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Hello. Thank you very much for your review. I am glad you enjoyed our hotel, our food and beverage facilities as well as our lovely views. I have shared your kind comments with the team members as I visited their areas over the course of this week. They certainly enjoy the recognition on the job well done. I appreciate your participation and certainly look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel as a valued guest in the near future. Best Regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,529)

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt for 2 nights for a wedding.We usually love hyatts.We attempted to check in at 2pm and was told that the earliest time we could "hope to get our room" was 4. We weer there for a wedding and needed to be ready by 5pm. We explained this and they offered to "Downgrade" us for the same price. We said no thanks and wa stold they woule expediate the room. They took or cell phone no.Turned out they never called and we got in the room at 5pm. There was no parking available. They never apoligized or explained what occurred.The room was very noisy/on a busy raod. It was a terrible value for this lack of service.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
HyattGM995, General Manager at Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Hello, thank you very much for sharing your review. I am truly sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. Your feedback has been shared with the members of our management team that are responsible for the areas you mention so that we are able to improve and enhance our guests' experience going forward. I understand you have been in contact with our Front Office Manager who has offered to make things better. Please feel free to reach out to me directly in the event I may be of any assistance by simply replying to this email. Thank you again for your participation and I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back as a valued guest of our hotel during your next visit to Santa Barbara. Warm Regards,

Reviewed 4 November 2013

This is my 3rd or 4th stay at this Hyatt. As a Hyatt Diamond member I expected, and have had previously, at this property. Room smells terrible. The worst musty odor. At check in long wait. Wasn't offered amenities, had to ask for it. Not offered 4 pm checkout. Not given wireless info, had to call and ask for that too. Clearly hotel not prepared for my arrival, even though arrived late, after 9:30pm. Clock not reset in bedroom. Found hairpin on the floor. And I am here for 7 nights. Front desk person said I could move tomorrow. Terrible first night this trip

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank slgiberson
HyattGM995, General Manager at Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Hello, thank you very much for your review. I'm truly sorry we did not meet your service expectations upon your arrival. I trust that during your conversation with our Front Office Manager the following morning, he was able to assign you to an upgraded room and offer his assistance should you need it during the course of your stay. He has also reviewed with the team members involved the previous night and provided them with the appropriate training so that we can better serve you during the course of your stay and next time you visit our hotel. I have also shared your feedback with our Director of Housekeeping so that she can speak to her team members about your experience and strive to improve going forward. Your Diamond Status is appreciated by us all at the Hyatt Santa Barbara. I am glad I had the opportunity to speak to you at the lobby on your second night during your room move process. Please feel free to reach out to me in the event I may be of any assistance during the course of your stay or in the future. At your service.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Good size rooms, most seem to have lovely views I was just unfortunate to have a view of a wall! The rooms are a good size, well equipped and comfortable. The only down side of this property is that it is broken up into a number of different buildings away from the main property. Nice restaurant/bistro offering a good selection on the menu.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the sea
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Hello. Thank you very much for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us during your most recent visit to Santa Barbara! I have shared your compliments with our Executive Chef, he was thankful and said he would talk about it during his pre-shift meetings this week, thank you very much for the recognition! I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel as a valued guest in the near future. Warm Regards,

Reviewed 2 November 2013

The location of the hotel is the best part of the hotel, it's right across from the water. The rooms seem really outdated and the hotel as a whole could really use an update. The food at the restaurant was only okay as well. The pool area is nice, but a bit cramped. The staff was all very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Hello. Thank you very much for your participation with sharing your review. Sounds like we could have done a bit more for you during your visit to our hotel, I apologize for that. I have shared your valuable input with our Executive Chef, we are actually in the process of updating our menus. They should be in place by the time you visit our hotel next. Your kind comments about our friendly and helpful staff have been shared with the management team so that they can in turn share with our team members during their daily huddles. Thank you very much for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel as a valued guest in the near future. Best Regards,

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Stayed here for one night in October 2013. The hotel is in a strange style, but is in quite a nice setting. Parking is provided to the rear of the property, with valet and self park. There were no self park spaces provided, but were offered valet parking for the price of self park. As it turned out, there was plenty of space on the street right outside the hotel, where we were able to park for free.

Staff were reasonably friendly and helpful with directions, and directed us to our rooms quite some way from the lobby. My room was a little dark, with a comfortable bed, free fast wifi, and comfortable seating area. I don't think there was a mini-bar provided in the room.

The hotel was fine, and I'd likely stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Greetings. Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am glad you enjoyed our hotel and that our team members were friendly and helpful, I'll be sure to share your kind comments with them as I visit their areas today and the rest of this week. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel as a valued guest next time your travels bring you back to our lovely city. Warm Regards,

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I chose to cash in some Hyatt point to stay here on a girls weekend getaway. The hotel staff is great! so friendly and helpful. The layout and common areas of the hotel are very nice! We also commented on all the cool decor and interesting artwork (I wanted to steal some!). The room was clean and beds were comfy. It was disappointing to have a noisy widow unit like A/C (no central A/C) - I guess in southern cali you don't need this??? Also we would have liked a room with a balcony - but those I think are hard to come by. We did have a nice ocean view. I agree with others that its not walking distance to most of state street but it was close/convenient enough.

We were also disappointed the hot tub and fire pit area close at 10pm. We had visions of staying out there and having some wine a little later. But all in all, I thought it was a good value for my points.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view with a balcony!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
HyattGM995, General Manager at Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Greetings. Thank you very much for your participation in sharing your review as well as for your loyalty to our Gold Passport Program! I am very glad you were able to enjoy our hotel and our hospitality, I'll be sure to share your comments with the associates as I visit their areas today and the rest of this week. I'll highlight your comments about cleanliness as well, our housekeeping team is very dedicated and enjoy the recognition. Please accept my apologies you experienced with the AC unit in your room, I will also share your feedback with our Chief Engineer. Thank you for using your points at our hotel and we certainly hope to welcome you back in the near future. Best Regards.