“Beautiful Santa Barbara”

Ranked #40 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful Santa Barbara”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

A great stay in beautiful Santa Barbara! The Hyatt is a great place to stay in SB. The views of the ocean and mountains are breathtaking. The hotel is centrally located and the rooms are updated and clean. The staff was great too. Overall, a great stay!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
HyattGM995, General Manager at Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Hello, thank you very much for sharing your review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, the views and our service and cleanliness here at the hotel. I will be sharing your kind recognition with the team members as I visit their work areas this week. It is nicely welcomed and appreciated by us all. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Santa Barbara is my home-town and though, sadly, this lovely resort city has turned into an extension of Redondo Beach or Marina Del Rey or Rodeo Drive with (eecckk!--chain stores), this Hyatt at the beach has done its best to retain the Spanish/Alhambra atmosphere and slowed-paced graciousness of an era long gone. Walk on that crystalline beach and watch for the dolphins and whales that float by the very front of the hotel. Slow down, have some manners, dress a little better, and remember that Santa Barbara was here long before there was a United States.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Greetings. I sincerely appreciate you taking time out of your day to share your review. Thank you so very much for recognizing our efforts. I will be sharing your review with the team members as I visit their areas this week. I look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home in the near future. And thank you so very much for your continued loyalty to our hotel over the course of the years. Warm Regards,
West Hollywood, California
Reviewed 13 May 2014

From the moment I pulled up to Valet, everyone was so helpful. The Valet/bellman was very friendly and made me feel like this property was an extension of my house - and it was my first stay! The front desk agent also went above and beyond to chat and connect with me during check-in which really set the tone for my stay. I had an Ocean View room that had a perfect location; my balcony over looked the pool and just beyond the street were gorgeous Ocean views. I cannot wait to come back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Greetings. Thank you very much for sharing your review. I'm glad to know that we welcomed you to our home as the valued guest that you are to us. I will share your comments and recognition with the associates as I see them while walking the property, thank you for your kind words. I look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home soon. Best Regards,
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We had an amazing room overlooking the pool and the beach with late check-out. The hotel is charming and not too big, not like a normal hyatt, more of a boutique hotel. The only thing I would suggest is for more kid activities, such as roasting smores at night since there is a fire pit. The pool has a bar and servers who walk around and take orders. We will be back!!

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Thank you very much for sharing your review! We have actually discussed the smores opportunity and are looking into incorporating it into our Summer activities, thank you very much for suggesting it. I am very glad you enjoyed the location of your room and your overall stay. Thank you for your participation and I look forward to welcoming you back soon! Best,
S. CA.
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times now over the past four years and it is one of my favorite hotels in California. Now, let me tell you why.

First, I write this review as a Diamond member of Hyatt (top status). The benefits of having Diamond status with Hyatt are numerous and this hotel goes out of its way to treat Diamonds "right" which goes to the heart of my super review for this hotel. I understand that if one does not have Diamond status, it is not great to be charged for the internet or breakfast, etc. I can only write this review from the perspective of a "Diamond" so other Diamond members (and Platinum members) can consider this hotel from that perspective.

The hotel goes out of its way to try to upgrade Diamonds to the Ocean View rooms and that is greatly appreciated. On most visits, I get that courtesy upgrade without even asking for it. Well done! The Diamond courtesy breakfast is also wonderful. It can be enjoyed in your room which is a great plus. The food is great as is the service generally. Also, when the hotel is only available at a very high daily date, I believe using Hyatt points here is a great option! I just did it with this stay.

The location is fabulous. You are across the street from the Ocean and a pleasant walk to the pier and State Street. Parking is free on the street. If you get one helpful thing from this review to everyone reading it, note that parking is free on the street and I park there every single time. Do note the two days of the week where cars need to be moved by a certain time and, of course, park at your own risk (of course I have to say that ;) ). But, a great deal of the parking for this hotel is outdoors as well ... check it all out before you decide to spring for $26 and you will see what I mean (my apologies in advance to the hotel if I cut into their parking profits with this tip for those coming to the hotel for the first time).

Now, as to my comment about the hotel being so well managed. The GM at this hotel is Richard Uribe. This GM truly wants to know about your stay and to address anything that might have gone wrong along the way. To some GM's at some other hotels around the world it is often times "lip service"; not with Mr. Uribe. If you have/had a problem he wants to know about it. I applaud Mr. Uribe for his dedication to excellence and desire to always want to improve things.

Maybe it is Santa Barbara. Maybe it is the incredible location of this hotel. Maybe it is the great staff that work here (Nicole in the restaurant is a super star waitress we met for the first time on this stay... ask for her by name). Whatever it is, I always have a great time at this hotel and can't wait to go back. The hotel earns a five star rating from this reviewer!!

1 Thank THEGUYFROMSOCALIF
Thank you so very much for sharing your review. I am honored to be recognized, thank you so very much for taking time to participate and to share your recognition! Your Diamond Status with Gold Passport is of great importance to us all here at the Hyatt Santa Barbara. I have shared your recognition with our Director of Food and Beverage as well so that Nicole receives the proper recognition during our department meeting in the restaurant. Thank you very much for that too! Please reach out to me once your return reservation is made as I would like to say hello. Thank you very much for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Warm Regards,
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I was here for a work conference - other than the fact that Santa Barbara is difficult to get to from Northern California, best hotel for a work conference ever!

My room was initially supposed to be in the main building, but a colleague suggested I be in one of of the outlying buildings. Great choice. My room had a view of the ocean (my friends room actually had a deck on which we could sit and look at the ocean!)

Very comfortably bed - good shower and good bath products.

Since our conference was at the hotel, I must assume that they handled the food. Delicious. Not just by conference standards, but actually delicious. Breakfast was good - great fresh fruit, yogurt, and pastries. Lunch was spectacular. No rubber chicken - a buffet with antipasti, salad, meat and I can't remember what else, but all quite tasty.

The hotel also has a happy hour where there is free finger food and wine.

Room Tip: Ask to be in a room that is not in the main building and ask for an ocean view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SFOglobetrotter
Thank you so very much for sharing your review. I am glad your meetings went well and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I sincerely appreciate the recognition of our efforts. I have shared your kind words with our Executive Chef and Banquet Manager, they will in turn share with their respective team members during their daily meetings. Thank you for your detailed review! I appreciate you taking time out of your day to participate and look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels bring you to Santa Barbara. Warm Regards,
Conroe, Texas
Reviewed 11 May 2014

From the time you drive in until you drive out, the Hyatt Santa Barbara is THE place to stay! All the staff was accommodating, professional and friendly. The rooms were excellent and the beds were plush and comfortable!. Fitness center was clean and plenty of equipment, not to mention the view while exercising! We had a snack in the bar, again, the food and staff were excellent. Not to forget the view from our room. We also had celebration while visiting Santa Barbara and the Hyatt made it extra special!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so very much for posting your review. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us from the room to our food and beverage facilities. I will share your kind comments with our team members as I see them today and this week. Thank you for your recognition! From all of us at the Hyatt Santa Barbara, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Warm Regards,