“Exceeded expectation”

Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara
Ranked #41 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Reviewed 19 May 2014

First time staying at the Hyatt in Santa Barbara. Perfect location and some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. The rooms literally looked right over the ocean and were clean and comfortable. My favorite part of our experience was mingling with the staff inside the bars and restaurants. They introduced us to many new local wines, beers, and spirits. The F&B staff really new there stuff and we ended up going to visit many of the wineries and distilleries in the San Ynez Valley only a short drive away.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
HyattGM995, General Manager at Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Hello, thank you very much for sharing your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that our team members made you feel welcomed and appreciated. I will be sharing your kind comments with them as I visit their areas this weekend. Thank you for recognizing their efforts. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best Regards, Hyatt GM.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Nice clean hotel, close to the beach, walking distance. Poor cell service in spots of the hotel, Parking on the street is an option vs the daily 26 dollar rate. Coffee bar available in the mornings. Fitness gym is nice and close to the rooms..

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Greetings. Thank you very much for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you very much for your mention with cleanliness, I will be sure to share with our housekeeping department during our daily meetings this weekend. I look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels bring you to Santa Barbara. Warm Regards, Hyatt GM.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Excellent customer service: we did ask several services to the staff and we have consistently been guided and helped by knowledgeable and smiling employees. This hotel offers an excellent value: the rooms are big, beds are comfortable, the area is quite. We have been upgraded for free and even had the opportunity to do a late check-out, although it was not in the offer (as we booked via phone and not online). We will definitely come back in this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am delighted to hear that our team members made you feel welcomed and valued. You choosing to stay with us is much appreciated by us all here at the hotel and I am glad that we were able to show it during your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. With warm regards, Hyatt GM.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt Santa Barbara while on our way to Northern California. We booked an ocean view king room. My first impression of this hotel was that it didnt seem to fit the Hyatt brand. It seemed less elegant than other Hyatt hotels. I did appreciate the Spanish architecture and the heavy use of clay tile throughout. Our room was nice and clean. Not upscale but comfortable. We had a nice balcony that afforded us a view of the ocean across the street. The pool area was right below our room and this made it a little awkward to sit on our balcony and expect privacy. The hotel has a nice gym. They also have a nice restaurant. We had breakfast here and the food was good but I felt it was overpriced. This hotel is also near shopping and restaurants so it is fairly convenient. This is a nice hotel to stay at during off peak months. I understand the rates double during the summer and if that is the case it definitely would not be worth it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for sharing your review. I sincerely appreciate your mention about our hotel being different and your appreciation for our Spanish Architecture along with your room being nice and clean. Thank you very much for the recognition, I will share it with our housekeeping team during our daily huddles. I have shared your kind comments with our Director of Food and Beverage, thank you for your feedback. I appreciate you staying with us during your trip and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future as the valued guest that you are to us. Kind Regards, Hyatt GM.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

The Hyatt Santa Barbara is a very nice hotel in a great location. Just be aware that if you arrive by car there will be a $26/day fee to park on the premises. They call this a valet fee. You can park your car yourself by your room and keep your key but you will still be charged for valet parking. You can avoid this fee by parking on the street but it is very difficult to find street parking that close to the beach.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you also for sharing about our valet parking fee, we try very hard to communicate it to our incoming guests by having it on our website as well as in the websites of our third party partners. Always good to have the additional mention and I appreciate you sharing. I look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels bring you to Santa Barbara. Best, Hyatt GM.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

For being a Hyatt and putting such "fancy" pictures on their website listings, this hotel was incredibly disappointing. Our room was small, awkwardly designed and simply not at all worth the money. We commented several times how unworthwhile staying here was. The bathroom was ugly and reminded me of our days of staying in more economical hotels. I've stayed at the Days Inn in Santa Barbara and that was a better value, too bad I didn't stay there again! It's Santa Barbara, expected a much nicer room.

Room Tip: It would have been better to have a higher level/sea-facing room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kate B
HyattGM995, General Manager at Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Greetings. Thank you very much for your review. I am truly sorry your stay was not to your expectation. In the event anything changes during future visits to Santa Barbara, please give us a try. We are constantly looking for ways to improve. As well, we have renovation plans in the near future, I hope to have some of it done by the time you visit us next. With warm regards,

Reviewed 14 May 2014

A great stay in beautiful Santa Barbara! The Hyatt is a great place to stay in SB. The views of the ocean and mountains are breathtaking. The hotel is centrally located and the rooms are updated and clean. The staff was great too. Overall, a great stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Hello, thank you very much for sharing your review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, the views and our service and cleanliness here at the hotel. I will be sharing your kind recognition with the team members as I visit their work areas this week. It is nicely welcomed and appreciated by us all. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best Regards,