“excellent stay”

Ranked #39 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Brooklyn, New York, USA
“excellent stay”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

this is a first rate hotel with excellent and friendly service. it is centrally located. the room was very clean and quiet. it also had a balcony overlooking the ocean...spectacular view. the breakfast buffet was fabulous. definitely get the pancakes!

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

HyattGM995, General Manager at Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoy our hotel when in Santa Barbara, thank you very much for your loyalty and support! I will be sharing your kind comments and recognition with the team members as I see them over the course of this week. I look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit. With warm regards, Richard.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I'm in Santa Barbara 4 - 5 times a year on business. I've stayed downtown but prefer the Hyatt. It's a little quirky the way the buildings are spread out and I'm not crazy about the new parking policy but the rooms are good sized and I enjoy the view of the beach and Pacific. The staff is nice and always helpful.

Room Tip: You want an ocean view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your review. I am glad to hear that our team members make you feel appreciated by being nice and helpful. And thank you for making our hotel your preferred location during your visits to Santa Barbara, I will certainly share your review with our team members as your complete satisfaction is very important to us all. Thank you for sharing and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. At your service, Richard.
San Francisco, United States
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Updated hotel in a Great location. Friendly staff and very clean rooms. Comfortable beds and nice linens. Easy beach access and views of hillside. Great location for beach lovers. Nice warm pool if ocean is too cold.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Greetings. Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I sincerely appreciate your mention about our team members' friendliness and about the cleanliness of your room. I will share your comments with them as I attend their stand up meetings this week. Thank you very much for the recognition. From all of us at the Hyatt, thank you for making our hotel your home away from home during your most recent visit to Santa Barbara and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best regards, Richard.
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I spent several days at the Hyatt. I was in Suite 302 with a great view of the beach. This is a charming hotel that has been refurbished/upgraded. The staff is happy, friendly and make you feel welcome.

Tennenbronn, Germany
Reviewed 23 May 2014

If you choose to stay at this hotel you should enjoy your stay very much. It is located on Cabrillo Blvd (Beach across the way) and very close to shopping and restaurants. The room I had was large and very clean. The sleep quality was great as we never heard a sound from other rooms or the outside. The grounds are very nice with a great courtyard for relaxing with wine, or enjoying your breakfast. I had a few minor issues, but overall this place is great and what really makes it is the staff. Every single employee was professional and helpful in all respects, probably some of the best we have ever experienced in the entire country. Especially Shawnna who helped me find my dry cleaning (a day late) followed up and knew my name upon leaving, When you receive wonderful customer service it certainly improves your stay. I would not hesitate to stay here again in the future.
Tigram Poladian

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you so very much for your review. I am delighted to hear that our team members and their efforts are what made a difference during your stay. I have already personally congratulated Shawnna for being mentioned as a key performer, thank you very much for your recognition. I will also be sharing your kind comments with the rest of the team members as I visit their work areas. Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Santa Barbara. With warm regards, Richard.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Great value, great views and an overall great experience. nothing negative to say. We stayed for a night whilst we were travelling up the coast to Carmel. A great experience and a huge bonus was that the tour of california was rolling into town minutes after we arrived.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

HyattGM995, General Manager at Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Greetings. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that you were in town during the arrival of the tour of California, a great experience! Thank you very much for sharing your review and for the positive recognition. I will be sharing your kind comments with the team members in the various departments this weekend. I hope to welcome you back soon. Best Regards, Hyatt GM.
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 19 May 2014

First time staying at the Hyatt in Santa Barbara. Perfect location and some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. The rooms literally looked right over the ocean and were clean and comfortable. My favorite part of our experience was mingling with the staff inside the bars and restaurants. They introduced us to many new local wines, beers, and spirits. The F&B staff really new there stuff and we ended up going to visit many of the wineries and distilleries in the San Ynez Valley only a short drive away.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Hello, thank you very much for sharing your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that our team members made you feel welcomed and appreciated. I will be sharing your kind comments with them as I visit their areas this weekend. Thank you for recognizing their efforts. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best Regards, Hyatt GM.