“Not worth the price” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 51 Hotels in Santa Barbara
United States
“Not worth the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Plus: Good rooms Good location (about 1 mile from state street; walkable) Across the street from a beach Minus: Unrefined staff (for the price of this hotel) A/C Unit in the rooms is very load. Not an issue if you can open the windows at night but if there is wedding party below your room good luck sleeping. For $500/night I expect refined staff (as a base line). While the rooms were okay, the staff did not hit the bar. When we asked someone if they were the concierge they said no and took us to the front desk. We asked if they could recommend hikes and the answer we got was "I'm new to the area." When ordering breakfast, the waiter spoke english but i could not understand what exactly he was saying and it was not being said in such a way that I could figure out costs.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

HyattGM995, General Manager at Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Hello. Thank you very much for your review. I am glad you enjoyed our location and your room, I will share your kind comments with our housekeeping staff. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I have shared your comments with the department managers responsible for the areas mentioned so that we can provide the appropriate team members with the proper re training as we move forward. Thank you very much for sharing. I truly hope that you visit us again next time your travels bring you to Santa Barbara. With warm regards, Richard.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Juan Capistrano, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We love this hotel. Visiting Santa Barbara is a treat in itself, but if you're able to stay at this hotel, you won't be disappointed. It's directly across from the beach and within couple minutes walk to the SB zoo. You can rent bikes and ride to the pier within 10 minutes with all the kids on board. Honestly, we love this hotel and consider it a treat when we hop in the car to visit our SB family and friends!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Brooklyn, New York, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

this is a first rate hotel with excellent and friendly service. it is centrally located. the room was very clean and quiet. it also had a balcony overlooking the ocean...spectacular view. the breakfast buffet was fabulous. definitely get the pancakes!

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

HyattGM995, General Manager at Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoy our hotel when in Santa Barbara, thank you very much for your loyalty and support! I will be sharing your kind comments and recognition with the team members as I see them over the course of this week. I look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit. With warm regards, Richard.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I'm in Santa Barbara 4 - 5 times a year on business. I've stayed downtown but prefer the Hyatt. It's a little quirky the way the buildings are spread out and I'm not crazy about the new parking policy but the rooms are good sized and I enjoy the view of the beach and Pacific. The staff is nice and always helpful.

Room Tip: You want an ocean view.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your review. I am glad to hear that our team members make you feel appreciated by being nice and helpful. And thank you for making our hotel your preferred location during your visits to Santa Barbara, I will certainly share your review with our team members as your complete satisfaction is very important to us all. Thank you for sharing and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. At your service, Richard.
San Francisco, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Updated hotel in a Great location. Friendly staff and very clean rooms. Comfortable beds and nice linens. Easy beach access and views of hillside. Great location for beach lovers. Nice warm pool if ocean is too cold.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Greetings. Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I sincerely appreciate your mention about our team members' friendliness and about the cleanliness of your room. I will share your comments with them as I attend their stand up meetings this week. Thank you very much for the recognition. From all of us at the Hyatt, thank you for making our hotel your home away from home during your most recent visit to Santa Barbara and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best regards, Richard.
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I spent several days at the Hyatt. I was in Suite 302 with a great view of the beach. This is a charming hotel that has been refurbished/upgraded. The staff is happy, friendly and make you feel welcome.

Tennenbronn, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

If you choose to stay at this hotel you should enjoy your stay very much. It is located on Cabrillo Blvd (Beach across the way) and very close to shopping and restaurants. The room I had was large and very clean. The sleep quality was great as we never heard a sound from other rooms or the outside. The grounds are very nice with a great courtyard for relaxing with wine, or enjoying your breakfast. I had a few minor issues, but overall this place is great and what really makes it is the staff. Every single employee was professional and helpful in all respects, probably some of the best we have ever experienced in the entire country. Especially Shawnna who helped me find my dry cleaning (a day late) followed up and knew my name upon leaving, When you receive wonderful customer service it certainly improves your stay. I would not hesitate to stay here again in the future.
Tigram Poladian

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so very much for your review. I am delighted to hear that our team members and their efforts are what made a difference during your stay. I have already personally congratulated Shawnna for being mentioned as a key performer, thank you very much for your recognition. I will also be sharing your kind comments with the rest of the team members as I visit their work areas. Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Santa Barbara. With warm regards, Richard.