“Hyatt Santa Barbara One-Night Stay”

Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara
Ranked #41 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I unfortunately only had the opportunity to stay at this lovely property for one night. The double-bedded room was spacious and well appointed and good value for my rate. I was concerned that it was on the first floor and that I had to cross the parking lot to get to it, but it was a minor hindrance and there were no street noises other than the occasional squawking bird.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We were so disappointed with this place. Our expectations, based on Hyatt standards and high prices were not met in any way. Room was small, dark and dingy as is the rest of the facility. Wifi is pay for service (really in this century??) and parking cost is exorbitant.

1  Thank Les R
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I would expect something better for this hotel class- I realized that no shower gel, or shower cap were provided, which is a must. There was only one bathrobe provided, for me and my husband to share. ATM wasn't working in the hotel. He is a hyatt gold member, and agreed that those small missing details ruined the whole positive experience of nice beach view room, and welcoming reception staff.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stranger_from_baku
HyattGM995, General Manager at Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Thank you very much for your review. I have shared your comments with the management team as we should have informed you that we have all the items mentioned available upon request per our brand standards. I also wanted to share with you that the ATM has been back in operation.Thank you very much for sharing as we continue to improve our operation in an effort to better serve you next time you visit us. Your husband's Gold Status with Gold Passport is greatly appreciated by us all here at the Hyatt. I look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels bring you back to Santa Barbara. Best Regards, Richard.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We had a nice trip to Santa Barbara for Memorial Day Weekend, and for the most part enjoyed our stay at the Hyatt. Our room was on the first floor and had a nice view of the ocean, but the noise from the room above was extremely disruptive and annoying. We could hear every footstep of the guests in the room above us. I would stay again, but would want to be on the top floor to simply avoid this noise.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

One night right on the beach. The room was clean and location was good for us, near friends. Close to freeway. We had a room iwth a peek at the ocean. Free slippers. Staff was very nice. The road is a bit noisy but not a problem with the window closed and A/C on.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the team members made you feel welcomed and appreciated. I will be sharing your kind comments with the team members as I visit their areas this week. Thank you very much for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back soon! Best regards, Richard.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Well this was our first time to stay at the Hyatt, My husband and I are a gold Hilton Honor and we stay at Hilton every where we go in the world and always has been very satisfied with Hilton. Unfortunate this wasn't the case with the Hyatt. First I reserved and payed extra dollars to get the deluxe room, that didn't happened when we arrived to the hotel, the front desk told us that is on availability only. We got a small king size room. The room was very small but I said it's fine it has a sneak view to the ocean. We dropped our bags and left but we left a the window a little open to change a very wearied smell in the room. After we came back at night and walked in the room, we couldn't stay for even 3 minutes. The room smelled like a kill. We complain to the front desk and they said ok we can change the room for you (no one was surprised for what we complained which means that the staff knows about the problem). They gave us another room in the back building which was very big and nice. We felt so comfortable the first hour only. All things started to change when we found out that the equipment for the elevator are right underneath our bed. The elevator was working the whole night from 9:30 pm - 5:00 am. The other problem we had was the noise that was coming out from the heels of the two ladies that were walking the in and out of the room above us. Just to summarize that night we had only 1.5 hour sleep from 5:30 am - 7:00 am when the elevator started working again.

Another complaint to the staff and this time they were a little rude like why then the manager came which he was very nice and totally understandable to the situation. He gave us a very nice king room and waived the charges for the first night. In my case where I have a migraine and the reason for our visit was to have two days a way from home, work and definitely have some rest. Haven't slept the first night caused me sever migraine the next two days.

Room Tip: Go to the first floor room in the main building. Don't take the ocean view king room in the midd...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for sharing your review. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I have shared your valuable comments with the members of the management team so that the necessary steps are taken in an effort to improve our operation. It is very important to me that we honor room types reserved, I had the opportunity to review your reservation to ensure that you received the appropriate room type at check in. Thank you very much for taking time to share your review and for staying with us, I look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels bring you to Santa Barbara. Warm regards, Richard.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed at the hotel for a weekend get away from LA. Rooms we're large and comfy and the property was lovely. I found the staff to be helpful and friendly. If you're booking, suggest going to the Hyatt website directly and not using Hotels.com or Booking.com as the rates they gave seemed to be consistently higher.

Only complaint about the place was the pool area. It was clean and pretty but not Luxe, I think they could do better there but this is really just a taste thing -- I'm probably being a snob. I really have no issues with the place, and the location near West Beach is perfection. If you stay here, be sure to walk down the Coast Road to the East, then take the first right past the cemetery, walk for a bit you you will find a coast walking trail that leads along the top of the cliffs and passes by some of the most magnificent homes in the world. These estates will blow your mind. Then continue on and have a drink at the stunning Four Seasons Baltimore Hotel and pretend that you're rich enough to stay there. Then stroll back to the Hyatt on the beach.

SB has just created a new cool section of wine tasting rooms and restaurants with the unfortunate name "The Funk Zone" -- now dubbed the drunk zone by locals. Google the location and check it out on a Saturday evening. You will enjoy. And don't forget to stop by La Super Rica, the best taco stand in California. Get a #16 and a #8. You will be very happy.

Enjoy your stay in SB.

Room Tip: An ocean view would not hurt.