“Location is perfect everything else is not”

Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara
Ranked #41 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I really wanted to love this place. The location is truly perfect right on the beach. The rooms are just okay really not what I expected from a Hyatt, the beds are not really comfortable. I could have forgotten that all and handed over a great review if it wasn't for the other things that occurred over the weekend. I made reservations one month in advance and requested a crib/pack and play as I was traveling with a 3 month old. I was told I would have one and never told it was not guaranteed. If that was the case I would have brought my own. When I checked it I was told they were all taken..sigh so I had to sleep with my infant with the fear of rolling over him hence I did not sleep at all. The manager was less than apathetic and offered no solutions. Then I asked for late check out and the manager offered to everyone else in my party 5 other rooms except for me saying that I can move to their rooms??? We go to SB every year this will not be our hotel of choice. The only positive things about this place are the locations and the breakfast. Choose wisely Fess Parker and Bacara were much better experiences.

Room Tip: Pay extra for ocean view the other rooms face the parking lot.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank calilady32

Reviewed 23 June 2014

It is not your classic hotel building, and when driving up to the property it does have a feel of a motel. Upon entrance of any part of the building especially the front desk, the decor is elegant and something you would expect out of a Hyatt hotel. A lot of people complain that this hotel is overpriced, perhaps it is compare to any other destinations but if you really compare hotel prices in the area it is not bad at all. A Best Western couple blocks down the street that definitely looks like a motel as you drive by and from pictures, I remember was almost 200 bucks a night. I rather spend a bit more and stay at this place hotel any day. A bit of a caveat, we did receive an upgrade free of charge to a second floor room that has a balcony with an ocean view. The view is pretty awesome. Room is nice, elegant, modern, and the size was good. Would recommend this property. Also pretty good location too. It is about a mile or two away from the main attractions.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is not your typical Hyatt experience. All rooms are tired, carpets are warn, handrails are sticky, internet fees, mandatory valet, like I can't park my own car and walk a few feet. This place needs some fine tuning and some TLC before I come back again. I was really disappointed with the frowning staff and stale smell in this place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I am sooo glad that I read the reviews before we stayed here and knew to park on the street. The parking is $26 per night, which is ridiculous. They need to decrease parking to $10 per night. We had an easy check in. We are platinum members so they already upgraded us to an ocean room at the end of the property on the second floor. The view and balcony were awesome. Very quiet, safe, peaceful hotel near the harbor and close to shopping on State Street. The pool was too cold during our stay but we did enjoy the hot tub. All of the workers were very friendly. I will definitely stay here again using my Hyatt points :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed here on a trip thru California. A wonderful greeting when we checked in. We had valet service and great help with our luggage. We had a room with an ocean view and was wonderful to hear the water from our room. The buffet breakfast was delicious and so many things to enjoy. They worked with me to help with my allergies. Everyone working at the hotel from our check in thru our check out was wonderful. We can't wait to go back and spend more time here.This hotel is steps away from a beautiful beach. Wonderful stay for our family. THANK YOU!

Room Tip: we are so glad we had reserved an ocean view room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I would Highly recommend The Santa Barbara Hyatt for business and pleasure. The Staff is always polite and very helpful to answer any questions. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The food is very good and the service is excellent. The Managers are friendly and care about your stay. The cleaning staff is wonderful bringing service in a timely matter.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My wife and I spent a week at the Hyatt while attended a writers conference, and to be honest, it was exactly what you'd expect from Hyatt, that is to say, it's excellent. The property consists of several buildings, so be prepared for a small amount of walking. Santa Barbra (in deed California on the whole) is quite expensive and the Hyatt was obviously no exception, so to save a few dollars, we opted for breakfast in our room consisting of fresh fruit and yogurt from a local supermarket. We did have our lunches at Bistro 1111 and they were very good and reasonably priced and happy hour made drinks quite reasonable. The hotel is located directly across from the beech and on the downtown trolley line($.50 each way) so getting to State street (where EVERYTHING is located) was easy. If price is an issue, there are other hotels in town, but like I said, California is just expensive, so be prepared.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business