“Very disappointing and not worth the money” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara

Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara
Ranked #39 of 51 Hotels in Santa Barbara
San Marcos, California
“Very disappointing and not worth the money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was my first and last stay at this particular Hyatt. I have stayed at a number of other Hyatt properties and have been very pleased, therefore my husband and I selected Hyatt when planning our stay for attending a wedding. Positives: great location across the street from beach, clean room, nice restaurant, good service. Cons: Small room with small window overlooking roof and parking lot, could hear elevator every time it went up or down, loud A/C, very limited drawer space, no chair except desk chair for sitting, disappointing cheap looking décor with white walls, right next to Motel 6, very limited parking so ended up paying to valet every day with upcharge, old, dated looking facility.

Room Tip: Choose in another hotel.
1 Thank Lorna C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

The location is perfect, the staff is helpful, the onsite restaurant was very good. I have stayed here multiple times, and will continue to - for business or pleasure. As far as Santa Barbara the city, I love it - perfect balance of peace and action.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
H596BGM, General Manager at Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback. Your compliments are very welcome and deeply appreciated – this type of feedback continues to encourage our team to strive to be the best they can be! HyattGM995
Lompoc, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Other than a clock that could not be set to the correct time and the fact that there was only one chair inside, plus the valet only parking that was a bit of a hassle, a very nice hotel with very good food in the restaurant in a beautiful location.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Tubac, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

The air conditioner made so much noise that we thought we were in a laundry room with a garage truck outside our window. No free internet!!! Come on!!! Small accommodations!!! No decent parking unless handicapped or you want to pay 28.00. Horrendous !!!!

Room Tip: Hair on our pillow!!!' Yikes!!! One robe not two, over priced, coffee pot/coffee terrible.
1 Thank Mness007
Thank you very much for your feedback. I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with our air conditioners, I will certainly get our maintenance team to look into this as a matter of urgency. I apologize the parking at our hotel did not meet your expectations. We feel as though we are competitively priced considering our location. Please be assured that we are taking steps to improve the experience for future guests. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, HyattGM995

Travellers are raving about these Santa Barbara hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

All future guests should note that this is a 3 star property. I assumed incorrectly that as a Hyatt mainline hotel, my expectations would be met. I was wrong. This is a "Motel" style property with Walk across the parking lot buildings that are 1970's era the pool is tiny, so dont expect a resort pool. food is low end, and condition is dated. It does well apparently due the market in SB, but if you are wanting a 4-5 star, fresh and new feeling, main building etc..choices.. or a place to stay..and enjoy..This is not for you/me. its more like a place to sleep and be out all day.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your feedback. This type of feedback continues to encourage our team to strive to be the best they can be! Santa Barbara is a unique and beautiful city as I am sure that you appreciate. Just one of the many factors that differentiates our city from others is a building height limit, which essentially allows the families in the residences behind us and in the hills to enjoy the same views as you enjoy as being a guest at our beach side hotel. This is a big contributor as to why the area hotels are low and spread out, and may give the impression of being motel-like.
I am sorry that you found our food options to be low end, please be assured that we are taking steps to improve the experience for future guests.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, HyattGM995
Los Angeles, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I really wanted to love this place. The location is truly perfect right on the beach. The rooms are just okay really not what I expected from a Hyatt, the beds are not really comfortable. I could have forgotten that all and handed over a great review if it wasn't for the other things that occurred over the weekend. I made reservations one month in advance and requested a crib/pack and play as I was traveling with a 3 month old. I was told I would have one and never told it was not guaranteed. If that was the case I would have brought my own. When I checked it I was told they were all taken..sigh so I had to sleep with my infant with the fear of rolling over him hence I did not sleep at all. The manager was less than apathetic and offered no solutions. Then I asked for late check out and the manager offered to everyone else in my party 5 other rooms except for me saying that I can move to their rooms??? We go to SB every year this will not be our hotel of choice. The only positive things about this place are the locations and the breakfast. Choose wisely Fess Parker and Bacara were much better experiences.

Room Tip: Pay extra for ocean view the other rooms face the parking lot.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank calilady32
Garden Grove, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

It is not your classic hotel building, and when driving up to the property it does have a feel of a motel. Upon entrance of any part of the building especially the front desk, the decor is elegant and something you would expect out of a Hyatt hotel. A lot of people complain that this hotel is overpriced, perhaps it is compare to any other destinations but if you really compare hotel prices in the area it is not bad at all. A Best Western couple blocks down the street that definitely looks like a motel as you drive by and from pictures, I remember was almost 200 bucks a night. I rather spend a bit more and stay at this place hotel any day. A bit of a caveat, we did receive an upgrade free of charge to a second floor room that has a balcony with an ocean view. The view is pretty awesome. Room is nice, elegant, modern, and the size was good. Would recommend this property. Also pretty good location too. It is about a mile or two away from the main attractions.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple