“ok room for the price”

Ranked #48 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Kenmore, Washington
“ok room for the price”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

My daughter and I stayed one night in a somewhat small room with two queen beds. We checked in at almost 11 pm (family matters took up most of the day) after picking up food at Taco Bell. OK room, not nearly as large as the one we stayed in the night before (Parkside Inn) for the same price ($123 incl. tax), but this room had a kitchenette next to one of the beds. We noticed that the three pictures and one mirror on the wall were all crooked; small matter, but strange that none of them were hung straight. Towels were a little rough; beds were comfortable. Probably wouldn't stay again because of room size and location, but no real complaints -- it was just an average room overall.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 28 May 2012

This motel was very clean, comfortable and provided us with everything we needed. The beds were cosy and allowed us to have a great sleep in between a big drive.

It is located far from downtown (approximately 4 miles) and we walked the whole way to the pier which took just over an hour. Great motel and if you're not keen to walk the distance, there is a public bus available.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RiccO12
San Diego, California
Reviewed 26 July 2011

This is the perfect place to stay if you're traveling from northern california to southern, or vice versa and need a comfortable place to crash to break up the drive, or if you're on a budget and looking for a comfortable hotel. This hotel had really comfortable beds. My boyfriend slept through the entire night here without waking up once and he rarely does that. Yes, it is a bit older motel, and it doesn't have any amenities, but the room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was nice too: immaculately clean, lots of counter space, and it had a good sized bathtub shower with good water pressure. It had a mini-fridge and a microwave, which was nice because we could bring back left overs and heat them up later. The owners were very nice, this was defiinitely a mom and pop owned kind of place. We got in at 1am, and we had obviously woke up the owner to check-in. He was very nice to us regardless, not a sign of grouchiness. They let us do a late check out too which we were very happy about. All in all I was very happy with Hacienda and I would definitely recommend it. So many places are overpriced in Santa Barbara, and this is great value. Oh and there was no strange smell that some of the other reviewers describe. I would definitely recommend the Hacienda Motel. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank MonieTravels
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 4 May 2011

After having read the poor reviews, my expectations were pretty low, but almost everything was already booked, and the price was low.
Location: The hotel is on State Street but it's not centrally located to the downtown State Street area, however, there are plenty of restaurants nearby.
The Room: Keep in mind that this is not a 3 star hotel. Maybe 2 star, so it was as clean as can be expected, I only saw one cigarette burn on a blanket, and the bathroom sink was clogged, but we didn't complain since we spent as little time as possible in the room. The beds were reasonably comfortable.
Next time I would rather pay $50 more to be at a hotel in front of the ocean in a central location.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank DestinationLAX

Travellers are raving about these Santa Barbara hotels

Tujunga, CA
Reviewed 3 March 2011

Had to go up to Santa Barbara for a wedding and booked a room at last minute for a night. When my sister & I pulled up, the place looked like a dump. Just old, out-dated - typical crumby motel. But when we walked into our room, I was pleasantly surprised that the furniture was all updated, looked recently remodeled, clean and we were upgraded to a king bed since the queens were not available so even better. So, for what it's worth, it's not so bad! I'd recommend this place if you're looking for a quick trip, relatively inexpensive place to go.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Thrax50
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 12 February 2011

the rooms are big and newly furnished; the motel is a little out of town, but downtown Santa Barbara can easily be reached by bus. Not quite cheap, but I suppose that´s because it is Santa Barbara.

Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KatharinaJ
Atascadero, California
Reviewed 27 January 2011

I just stayed at this hotel and it was the worst smelling hotel I have ever stayed in. First when I was checking in; the guy at the front desk was talking on the phone to what I was assuming was a maid. Saying that room whatever was mad because there was ashe's all over the room and they complained of smoke.
When we went into our room I literally gagged. It smelled very old and had a stale scent. Another friend had a room a few doors down and hers smelled like someone had just smoked in it. And it also smelled like someone had just sprayed cheap calogne in it. There's was the worst...it was unbareable for me to go in it. Which led me to believe they really wern't clean. My clothes smelled like the room when I got home!
The front desk is closed till 10 am... we never got a full roll of toilet paper, when we tried to get some at 8 in the morning no one would answer the phone, or front desk door.

I suggest you stay at motel six or something which is pretty much right next door.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends