Staff was most gracious and helpful. Fridge didn't work upon check-in and was immediately replaced. No other issues. Stayed 5 nites. Room looked as though just remodeled, very nice. 2nd floor, on the small side but perfect for 2 given the length of our stay. Be aware this has exterior entrances in a U shape surrounding the parking lot. Though no room-room or traffic noise, sound carries if windows are open and weather is condusive for keeping them so. I would make sure that there are no larger groups staying as I can see that as a noise problem as they tend to "take over". A large group checked in as we checked out bringing this issue to mind.
Location is fantastic - town is walkable but, upper area of State St. can be a hike. Have read some reviews complain about the complimentary food. It isn't great but is good nad was perfect for our style of travel. Try getting anything 'free' at the Hyatt or Double Tree down the road for triple the price!
All in all, we were very satisfied.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Convenient location, casual comfort and caring staff make this cozy inn the quintessential hub of your Santa Barbara visit. Continental breakfast, pool, spa, afternoon cookies, Wi-Fi and more awaits you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Franciscan Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Franciscan Hotel Santa Barbara
- Franciscan Hotel Santa Barbara
- The Franciscan Inn
- Franciscan Inn Santa Barbara Ca