We were quite pleased with this hotel. The room was superb - quiet and overlooking lovely gardens. The grounds are spectacular, and the setting, grand.
The service was uniformly good. And the proximity to the water is a real asset.
I came very close to giving the hotel 5 stars. But we had an experience that I can never understand at a high quality, pricey hotel.
The hotel has a 4 o'clock check-in. Since our flight arrived early enough for us to arrive at the hotel before noon, we requested an early check-in. When we arrived, we learned that our room had been vacated and that, no promises, they would try to get it ready for us quickly enough to settle in before appointments we had at 3. Well - we had a nice long lunch and a lovely walk after lunch. 3 o'clock came and went, and no call.
Perhaps there's something about hotel management I don't understand. But I figure that clean-up for rooms of guests who arrive early ought to take priority, and a wait of 3 plus hours after a room has been vacated, irrespective of check-in time, is a big no-no.
With that caveat, we had a nice stay and recommend the hotel highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just steps from one of the most beautiful beaches in California, with private bungalows and terraces that overlook the Pacific Ocean and Channel Islands. Set amongst 22-acres of lush jungle and tranquil gardens, Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara defines luxury living and service on the American Riviera. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara
- Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara Hotel Santa Barbara
- Four Seasons Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara Four Seasons