My wife and I stayed at the Four Seasons Biltmore Santa Barbara at the beginning of May of this year. We booked using my AMEX Platinum card and the Fine Hotels and Resorts website.
We arrived around noon, driving up from Orange County. Check in was easy. Upon check in, we were given a pass to the Coral Casino for free (usually about $250 for a pass) during our stay, as well as early check in, breakfast credit, and a food credit. We did not get a room upgrade, as we usually do with AMEX Platinum, as there were a lot of weddings during our stay.
We were transported to cottage 6, which is away from the main lobby, close to the tennis courts and a small back road. I don't remember exactly which room we were in, but it was in the 60's. I had originally let the front staff know it was our anniversary, and there was surprise bottle of champagne in the room, as well as some deserts. The room was spacious and quaint, decorated in old Spanish Mission style (tile bathroom, hardwood floor). A little older looking, but still comfy. A word of warning: there are rail road tracks right behind the cottages. The hotel does give you a set of ear plugs and a story about how the first travelers from the East Coast took the same rail road. Regardless, the trains run at all times of the day, and it can be quite loud.
We decided to self park in the lot near the tennis courts, as our room was directly across the street.
We did enjoy the spa, and had a couples treatment. The Spa is directly across the pool. The pool is a little busy and a little shady, so it wasn't the best sunning spot. But if you have access to Coral Casino across the street, I would definitely say go there.
The Coral Casino is a members club. Resort guests with a pass may go there, as well as club members. The architecture is straight out of a 1950's style beach/pool club. There is a small gym, a beautiful updated locker room, restaurants and cabanas you can rent. There is a juice bar that is open until about 11am, the Cora Cafe for lunch, and Tydes, their dinner restaurant. The pool is rarely ever crowded and there are plenty of beach chairs to go around.
The Four Seasons has a "Romance on the Riviera" package, where you get your own private waiter/waitress for the night, private dinner at the Coral Casino, and meet the Chef. We decided to book this for our anniversary.
We were picked up around 6pm by our personal waitress with glasses of champagne in hand, as well as bicycle cart, which she pedaled us across the street to the Coral Casino. She took us up to the balcony in front of the Tydes restaurant, and let us enjoy the ocean view and sunset while we sipped on champagne. She even took our pictures when we asked her too. When were ready, she took us back to the kitchen where we met the chef, and he then cooked in front of us our first appetizer (scallops). We were then brought to our private cabana (actually Ty Warner's own cabana, #25, I think), where we had a wonderful dinner paired with wine. It was definitely a night to remember.
I am glad we stayed at the Four Seasons. As is usual, we are always impressed with the level of service, attentiveness and small touches that make our stays memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just steps from one of the most beautiful beaches in California, with private bungalows and terraces that overlook the Pacific Ocean and Channel Islands. Set amongst 22-acres of lush jungle and tranquil gardens, Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara defines luxury living and service on the American Riviera. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara
- Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara Hotel Santa Barbara
- Four Seasons Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara Four Seasons