Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Montecito Inn(Santa Barbara)
  • Pool
Inn At East Beach(Santa Barbara)
Average 3/5
Good 3.5/5
Pacific Crest Hotel(Santa Barbara)
Excellent 5/5
Santa Barbara Inn(Santa Barbara)
Great 4.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Blue Sands Inn(Santa Barbara)
Great 4.5/5
  • Beachfront
2,206 results
All reviewscoral casinobeach clubbella vistaacross the streettydes restaurantprivate clubty loungeolympic size poolsteam showerbutterfly beachty warnerbeautiful propertyhotel poolputting greenoverlooking the oceanthe cottagestennis courts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 August 2014

The hotel and property are beautiful and beautifully located. The hotel has good facilities including tennis courts. The look and feel of the hotel is very authentic and matches the surroundings and the area. Staff were very helpful and friendly and service was outstanding.
The hotel has a great pool - although probably not big enough for the size of the resort - it was pretty crowded in the afternoons. The Beach Club across the road belongs to the same owner but charges hotel guests $200 per day to use the facilities - I thought this was a bit rich and there should be some reciprocity.Breakfast was good - buffet's have become a rarity at Four Seasons (where I generally consider breakfast to be a rip-off) so it was nice to see a full buffet and the terrace is a nice place to eat. Lunch at the pool was good - excellent service with a fairly limited pool menu. My children are older so I didn't use the children's services - but I think for people with very young children it is a very good resort to spend a few days.

I am a regular Four Seasons guest, and have stayed at a few of their spectacular resorts - I thought this one was a little below par. Staff and service are excellent - but the hotel needs some polish in certain areas. For example:

- Our guest rooms were pretty average, bathroom had a shower in the bath with a shower curtain! (not sure when I last saw one of these in a 5 star resort). Towels in the bathroom were small - I would have expected full length bath sheets.
- The resort is quite sprawling and circulation is confusing. Paths are badly illuminated at night and we had to use the light on our mobile phones to reach our rooms! When I pointed this out to the front desk they offered me a torch!
- I would expect that anyone paying $700+ to stay in a resort like this has some degree of common sense - so to find a sign at the pool to the effect that people "who have diarrhea or have suffered from it in the past 10 days should not use the pool" to be utterly offensive and entirely unnecessary.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Craig C
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We have returned almost every year since the late 80's. It is the most well-kept, beautiful hotel in southern California. The gardens are so well tended and gorgeous. The smells of the flowers and grass and trees is wonderful. Beds are super comfortable. The rooms are plush. We just love it and enjoy breakfast on the patio!

Room Tip: A lot of families come here and if you like quiet, ask for a top floor room so little feet are not running around over your head.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Ok, it's a Four Seasons - expect 5 star service and expect to pay for it. We recently stayed here for the night. The location cannot be beat - great ocean side locale in Montecito / Santa Barbara. Totally beautiful landscaping as well... Really first class here.

Issues though were a pushy staff at check in and in the restaurant as well as a noisy room.

At check in we were asked if we wanted to upgrade, kind of felt like the clerk was reading a script and husband heart was not into it. There are ways to ask if people want upgrades but when it sounds like it is part of a script it seems like a sales job. Same for the $200 fee to use the club across the street, same script read back.

Big disappointment was dinner - food was great, really superb. But the service was off - it was rushed. How many times at a Four Seasons does one get their primary course when they are still working on their salad or appetizer? It seemed the staff was out of sync as I saw the wait staff walk by our table with our entrees and look at our waiter with a ' what do I do with these look?'

Room was a second floor deluxe room. Nice, let's all be clear that the hotel is old - built in the 20s and 30s I think. So, not super modern. But noisy could be fixed in the 20s right? We were at the end of the hall and could hear people on the staircase coming and going.

In summary, a nice place. Did not get typical Four Seasons service and felt the price was way too high for the experience

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RABSeattle
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My husband, 13 year old son and I stayed here for a family vacation in Auguust 2014. We had a picture perfect stay here. The location across from the beach was wonderful for morning walks and evening sunset strolls. The ocean water was warm enough that we didn't even venture into the nice hotel pool.
The staff was first rate; polite, smiling and helpful at all times.
The happy hour in the unbelievably picturesque and well-designed bar and patio was worth making time for... a different specialty drink every night. My sage-infused margarita with pepper salt (or something like that) was yummy.
Highly recommend!

Room Tip: We did not book an ocean front room, but if you are doing Santa Barbara in the appropriate way (there is so much to see and do...), you will be outside and out of your room most of the day so no need to see the ocean from your room anyway!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JulieLansaw
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed June 1, 2013. Excellent stay! We loved our room! We had a Premier category, fireplace, heated bathroom floors and fantastic steam shower. Very large room with great bed! If I nit pick, perhaps a bit more natural light would be good. The Coral Casino, the hotel beach club, across the street is fabulous. It is a very unique and beautiful experience. You must go to it! There is a smoothie bar with all kinds of healthy, tasty treats!All the staff were polite and helpful. Everything went smoothly. This is one of my favorite hotels, Period!

I am rewriting this review because instead of 5 stars, I gave it 1 star, by accident. 5 stars all the way!!! Thank you Biltmore!

Room Tip: There are train tracks behind the hotel. Ask when choosing a room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple