“WHAT A BLAST !!”

Cloud Climbers Jeep Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Celebrating 17 years, Cloud Climbers’ Back-Country Wine Tour is the original and best wine tasting experience in Santa Barbara & the Santa Ynez Valley. Driver-guided, custom tours in open-air 7-passenger Jeeps. Amazing scenery, back-roads, wine tasting at 4 unique wineries and a picnic lunch included. Door-to-door service. Sunset, Mountain, Horseback-riding combination tours also available. Departs daily.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 4 January 2014

My best friend, my husband and I went on a wine tour last Sunday in Santa Barbara. We were staying at an RV campsite and Cloud Climbers came and picked us up right at our door step! Our driver/guide was named Millard and he was fabulous - friendly, helpful, knowledgeable - just an overall really nice and cool guy :) He took the time to find out about our likes and dislikes and he tailored the tour just for us. Cloud Climbers is the way to go for wine tours in the Santa Barbara area - we will definitely be back again soon !

All reviews
in 17 reviews
"grapes"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Can't say enough about our fabulous Cloud Climbers trip. Our tour guide/chauffeur, John, gave us several options for our day when he met us at the Santa Barbara train station. He kept in mind our three young children, and offered options that would appeal to all of us. After a gorgeous ride over the mountains through the San Marcos pass, our first stop, Gainey Vineyards, afforded us the opportunity to take the Jeep off-road through the grapevines. This was a big highlight for the kids, especially when we spied a jack rabbit! Bridlewood was our next stop, where John headed off to pick up lunch while we tasted inside. We ended up in the village of Los Olivos, where we enjoyed some unique wines at Artiste Winery & Tasting Room while our artistic 10-year-old was able to paint to her heart's content on an easel set up for just that purpose. She's thrilled to have her work on display in an honest to goodness art gallery! We didn't want the day to end. This trip was my 40th birthday gift from my mom - and it's the best gift I've ever received!

Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

this was a great trip for my very first time of wine tasting me and my girlfriend loved every moment of it. great food great wine and tons of laughter

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Our guide was Logan who was awesome! He was very knowledgable, fun, and very accommodating. My wife and I were lucky enough to have the jeep to ourselves! We were picked up in the lobby of our hotel. We went to 4 fantastic wineries and Logan hand selected these wineries based on our likes and interests! We had a delicious picnic with gorgeous views. We finished at Artiste which was great for me as I paint for a living and all of their labels are painted by different artists. I even got to paint a portrait of my dog while tasting! We made perfect timing to catch the sun setting over the ocean on the way back. Beautiful…This was probably the best day of our trip! We went to California to make our marriage legal (as it is not yet in Colorado). Thank you Cloud Climbers and Logan for making this special trip even more memorable.