“What a great way to spend the day”

Cloud Climbers Jeep Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Celebrating 17 years, Cloud Climbers’ Back-Country Wine Tour is the original and best wine tasting experience in Santa Barbara & the Santa Ynez Valley. Driver-guided, custom tours in open-air 7-passenger Jeeps. Amazing scenery, back-roads, wine tasting at 4 unique wineries and a picnic lunch included. Door-to-door service. Sunset, Mountain, Horseback-riding combination tours also available. Departs daily.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 20 January 2010

My husband and I went up to Santa Barbara following Christmas spent in Vegas. Cloud Climbers had been recommended to us by friends who'd done the trip in the summer and it seriously didn't disappoint.
We like our wine but wouldn't class ourselves as experts by any stretch of the imagination and this tour was perfect for us. Not stuffy at all, a very relaxed and informal attitude to wine and wine tasting. Our guide Jason was great fun, knowledgeable (about wine and also a really random array of things) and interesting - knew when to leave us alone and when to give us the patter. The other couple on our tour were superb, we had so much fun and all in all it made for a great day.
Whilst I didn't stumble across many wines that I'd pay to have shipped to the UK, the sandwich we had for lunch was divine (Paninos I think..) and the scenery was absolutely stunning.
All in all, if you're not a wine snob, this is a fantastic way to spend a day in Santa Barbara and I can't recommend it highly enough.

1  Thank mrs_pinks
in 17 reviews
"grapes"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 28 November 2009

We booked a great hybrid tour combining the Santa Barbara Back Country Wine Tour with a Family Adventure Tour, and our 10 year old is still talking about how much she enjoyed it! Joseph, our driver, had a good deal of knowledge about the area, lots of fun trivia for our daughter, too. We did three wineries (one with gourmet cupcake pairings with the wines!), an olive oil tasting, indian painted caves and a stop at the historic Cold Spring Tavern, which was so quaint that we vowed to make a return trip just to experience the live music and food there. We had a picnic lunch of sandwiches and plenty of water throughout the tour. Door to door service, along with warm blankets for the late afternoon chill in the air provided a nice touch. Highly recommended.

3  Thank EastCoastLovetotour
Reviewed 16 November 2009

What a fun day trip! We went to four great wineries and the driver and people we shared the jeep with were so much fun. Make sure to dress warm, as the drive in the jeep is pretty chillly. Lunch was from Panino, which is probably the best sandwich store in Santa Barbara/Santa Ynez. This was my first wine trip adventure to Santa Ynez, and it was quite memorable.

1  Thank alphagal
Reviewed 13 October 2009

I would love to write a review but unfortunately they cancelled on the morning of our tour. They offered us an upgrade for the next day but we weren't in Santa Barbara anymore leaving us very dissapointed.

See more reviews
Reviewed 21 September 2009

I used to live in Santa Barbara for about 4 years and went on several wine tours. It is such a fun thing to do, especially when you have guests in town visiting its always a great way to impress!
So when my mom and sister came to visit over Labor day weekend the first thing I did was book us a wine tour in SB with Cloud Climbers! They are by far and away the best company I have ever gone through!
Their staff was so nice and easy to book through. And our guide (Jason) was very knowledgeable about wine and the Santa Ynez valley!
Overall we had a great girls day and will hopefully get to do it again sometime soon! 5 STARS!!!

1  Thank rxymgn