“Good food reasonably priced”
Review of Marmalade Cafe - CLOSED

Marmalade Cafe
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hope/La Cumbre
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Good food reasonably priced”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Extensive menu, good tasting food and reasonable prices.
Waitress very friendly and helpful. The restaurant was busy and obviously popular with local people

Visited May 2014

Marina del Rey, California
“Get the Pot Roast”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The pot roast is wonderful. Flavor and texture, outstanding, with perfect mashed potatoes, not too heavy, and tasty on their own. The clarified broth reduction from the roast was delicious and just the right touch. Steamed veggies, again, perfect--not too hard, not soggy. The meat portion was less than four ounces--a little more, please, for a "5" rating at this price point. But the flavor rivals that of the boeuf bourguignon at the George Hotel in DC.

Suzie is the kindest, most thoughtful waitress--even with several other parties needing her attention. Other members of wait staff may have taken her orders of warm rolls/bread a couple of times though. Not cool. I bet they know who they are.

I've also appreciated the roasted chicken (tiny leg and thigh, but perfectly roasted, outstanding flavor, with the loveliest presentation--I would suggest "less watery" on this one. The broth needs to be reduced. And substitute mashed potatoes for the risotto--there so little of it, it was more of a garnish in t-spoon size swimmy dollops.

Finally the artichoke ravioli is so good I sometimes order it to go while I'm having my pot roast, so I can share it at home or savor it for lunch the next day.

I've heard the meatloaf is perfect too; but I haven't tried it yet.

The bread pudding is very creamy. It's tasty and reminds me of some I had at the Vi hotel in Thailand. Their bread pudding actually rests dumplings on a bed of custard. Killer.

• Visited May 2014
Santa Barbara, California
“Great food, good service”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

We had a great server who catered to us and our two little ones. Had the blackened Ahi and it was fantastic. Good drinks and a mellow atmosphere. Flatbread was excellent as well.

1 Thank Dutchman101
Inverness Scotland
“Nice Meal”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

This establishment is located in a shopping mall area near to our hotel where we were residing. The waiting Staff were all pleasant and efficient. The food was nice. Our mains were both pasta dishes mine seafood and my wife's chicken. We enjoyed them both. We had arrived late afternoon and when we left the place was nearly full with the bar area particularly busy. I think they do some specials. I read that Wednesday is half price for a bottle of wine so it was a pity we visited on a Thursday. Well worthy visit.

Visited April 2014
Santa Barbara, California
“Marmalade Cafe”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

This restaurant is quite good. I've come for lunch or happy hours many times - it is good for friends, family and especially good for business lunches - you can eat inside or outside, there is always a table, Warren, the manager is always in the house, and ensure that service is attentive. and the menu is great - a nice variety and medium-priced. Bar service is also attentive and makes sure you are comfortable and welcome.

Visited April 2014