“Great Day of Wine-Tasting With Rockstar”

Rockstar Transportation
Book In Advance
More Info
US$90.00*
and up
Santa Barbara Open-Air Trolley Happy Hour Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: RockStar Transportation offers all types of transportation services in the the Santa Barbara area. But our specialty is wine tasting tours. We offer private wine tours on a daily basis for groups from 2 passengers to 20. We have luxury sedans, limos and even buses. All of our wine tours include complimentary champagne and refreshments which include cheese crackers and chocolates. Plus we will design the tour and make all the necessary reservations for you. We have been providing wine tours and other transportation service in the Santa Barbara since 2003. Book your tour with RockStar and we promise it will be an experience you'll remember forever.
Chicago, Illinois
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 175 helpful votes
“Great Day of Wine-Tasting With Rockstar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

I've used Rockstar twice over the last 3 years for 2 different bachelorette parties. Both experiences were good but the most recent was great! Our driver Al was awesome. He really cared about making our day great. He offered up multiple suggestions, went to grab lunch for us while we spent time at one winery, and once, he even called me on my phone from the front of the bus while I was in the far back to ask some questions because he didn't want to yell over our group. He was courteous and cared about getting us to the next place on time. My only issue was, we felt a little rushed to get back from the last place because he had another event pick-up, even though we had paid to have the bus up to a certain time.Regardless, I will use them again on my next trip and request Al be our driver, anytime!
Tip: My advice is to get the party bus versus a limo, as, the roads can be very winding and a lot of girls ended up very car sick the first time I used Rockstar.

Visited April 2012

Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Horrible Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

Absolutely YUCK! Stay far away from RockStar Taxi and Limousine Wine Tours.

What a mistake we made in hiring this company for my BFF's Bachelorette party to Santa Ynez for wine tasting!!!

First off, the driver was 20 minutes late. When he finally arrived in his dented and beat-up limo, he got out of the car while tucking in his shirt and buttoning up his pants. He left his belt off just swinging around.

The cheese & crackers, champagne and chocolate included in our fabulous (NOT) package was a joke. The champagne was Andre. Disgusting. I couldn't even drink one glass. The chocolate was a plastic container of chocolate covered cranberries from Trader Joes. The cheese was an assortment of your basic cheddar and jack cheeses. Definitely not what we expected for the amount of money we paid. (btw - over $500 for 4 hours).

Next, the driver took the long way to the wineries rather than through the pass. We all felt a little car sick and a little annoyed by the time we got to the first winery. Not only because of how long it took but mostly because of how crazy this guy was driving. He almost side swiped a car getting onto the freeway!

The company also promised to go get us lunch while we were at the 2nd winery so that we could take it to the 3rd winery for a picnic. So the driver dropped us off, collected our cash, and then disappeared for over an hour!!

When we get to our final destination, my BFF's favorite of the wineries, we are turned away because the limo company never made us the reservation they promised to make and the winery was so crowded there wasn't any room for us. The company had asked us for our itinerary upon booking so that they could make the reservations for us but apparently neglected to do so for any of the winneries. We got lucky with the first two since they weren't so busy.

AND btw, when we finally sat down to eat, our food was cold. I wonder why.

To top off our trip, on our way back to Santa Barbara, our driver made a left turn directly in front of an oncoming car. Luckily the car managed stop in time. The driver just laughed and said, "it's okay. we're bigger than them."

Stay away from this company and their disgusting limos!!

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Bambunney
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AVOID AT ALL COSTS, UNLESS YOU LIKE GETTING LOST”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2011

Not only did the driver get lost getting to the pick up location, but she continued to get lost driving to each of the following locations (the icing on top of the cake - I had printed directions and given them to her at the start of the day). WHAT LIMO COMPANY DOES NOT HAVE SOME FORM OF NAVIGATION?!?!

Visited May 2011
1 Thank kgwidelitz
Cali
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“THE company for Wine Tour in SB”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2011

We searched online for wine tours in Santa Barbara and came across a few different companies. They had good reviews on Yelp so we gave it shot.

Valentine was perfect. Romantic tour to the wine country in a well appointed limo. Driver was professional and friendly.

Fair prices and would use them again on our next trip to SB. I think they have cabs and airport transportation too.

A+++