“Pathetic”

Friday Funday Beer Tour
US$105.00*
Strolling on Sunday Beer Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: RockStar Transportation offers all types of transportation services in the the Santa Barbara area. But our specialty is wine tasting tours. We offer private wine tours on a daily basis for groups from 2 passengers to 20. We have luxury sedans, limos and even buses. All of our wine tours include complimentary champagne and refreshments which include cheese crackers and chocolates. Plus we will design the tour and make all the necessary reservations for you. We have been providing wine tours and other transportation service in the Santa Barbara since 2003. Book your tour with RockStar and we promise it will be an experience you'll remember forever.
Portsmouth, Rhode Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pathetic”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This horrible experience began with a reservation directly with the owner James, I had been given his number by my employer and told this was who I was to call if a pick up was needed from LAX. My wife and I with our 3 year old and 8 month old landed at LAX and proceeded to wait 45 minutes for the driver. I accepted this and wrote it off to LA traffic. We arrived in Montecito and scheduled, or so we thought, a pick up to return to LAX for the following week. On the day of our departure I checked in with the driver who had taken our return information. He was under the impression that he was picking us up the following day, I gave him the information again and was told he would see us that evening by text. Starting to get worried I checked in with the driver again in the afternoon and was assured that everything was on schedule for a 9:30pm pick up. At 9pm we woke the kids up and started to head to move all the luggage to the driveway. 40 minutes later I called the driver to find out where he was, to which he replied "I thought I was picking you up tomorrow and he would have to call his boss". I then tried to call James, his boss twice to find out what was going on. He did not answer. Now 10pm I received a text from the driver that he had been pulled off our trip and another driver would be there in minutes. With our flight at 12:30am we left Montecito at 10:30pm with all assurances that we would get there in time. After an intensely aggravating drive were we listened to the driver justify his speed, thoughts on life and plans to study Buddhism we arrived at 11:50. Of course we missed out flight, on the off chance that we had not my wife grabbed the kids and ran to the counter while I unloaded the bags and car seats with the driver. Instead of waiting to find if we had made it to LAX in time, our Buddhist studying driver sped off as my wife and kids came back outside to tell me that we had not made it in time. United Airlines were the bright spot of the evening and booked us on a flight at 7am. I began to search for a hotel and found one of the last available around 1am. During the hour that we waited for the hotel shuttle I sent a text to James, the owner of the company expressing my disappointment. His replay was that drivers were not allowed to make reservations and that he had 8 dispatchers on staff to deal with reservations. Very long story short, one would think that the driver got caught trying to screw the company and bold faced lied to me about our pick up. At no point did he tell me that I needed to contact the a dispatcher to set up our return.
In the end our driver was late, he was a liar, both vehicles we travelled in had multiple dash warning lights on and not much was done to get us to our flight in time. Unless you have a really flexible schedule I would stay as far away from this company as possible, especially if you are travelling with young children.

Rob

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Rob H

Los Angeles
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“RICK is great....so request for him.”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Rick is the only reason why im writing this review. He did a great job. There was eight of us (5 loud girls and 3 dead quiet guys). It was a surprise b-day for my fiance and we just wanted to cruise around and hit a winery.

I explained to Rick what I would like to do for the day and he made it even better with his suggestions. He gave us some ideas and was patient with our decision making.

He drove great and had a good time with us. We were loud and the music was out of control. He took us to a great winery with exactly what I was looking for (view).

Rick took us around the pier and a multitude of places to check out the scenary.

If you book with Rockstart, I high suggest you request RICK for your driver.

The limo was a bit blah thus the 4 star rating instead of 5. Finger prints all over the moonroof and was broken (QQ) really wanted to stand up like the movies but oh well. The limo was old but eh what can you do? Can't expect them to buy a new limo each year.

Overall, a good company. All the people over the phone were always helpful and nice. I called a few times to confirm things and I emailed a few times with questions. Each time I was treated with care. Thanks guys.

Visited August 2014
Santa Barbara, California
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“He got us there but driving skills lacking”
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

I didn't make the reservation so I can't rate based on price - suffice it to say the driver was terrible.

I never get car sick but I was feeling pretty bad in this ride from Santa Barbara to downtown LA. Driver was a left lane hog (as many of you may well be) and failed to keep up with most of the rest of the traffic. He was constantly on and off the accelerator and erratic braking and jerky steering. I never want to have hime drive me again.

He showed up on time, was courteous, had dandruff on his black jacket and got us there and back safely. But not the best driver. I couldn't wait to get out.

Visited October 2013
santa barbara
“Crackers and cheeses and wines, oh my!”
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Surprisingly this limo and taxi company also hosts amazing wine tours! For my girl friend's birthday, a bunch of us girlies went on one of their wine tours, and it was so easy to book and go. We picked the places we wanted to go, and they picked us up AND make the reservations for us!!! It was literally as easy as it could get the prices were very competitive. We all had the best time.
The staff was really knowledgable and helpful. Everything went according to plan and that's always so much more fun when the birthday girl and her guests don't have to stress about anything :) Can't wait to do it again!!

Visited May 2012
Chicago, Illinois
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 177 helpful votes
“Great Day of Wine-Tasting With Rockstar”
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I've used Rockstar twice over the last 3 years for 2 different bachelorette parties. Both experiences were good but the most recent was great! Our driver Al was awesome. He really cared about making our day great. He offered up multiple suggestions, went to grab lunch for us while we spent time at one winery, and once, he even called me on my phone from the front of the bus while I was in the far back to ask some questions because he didn't want to yell over our group. He was courteous and cared about getting us to the next place on time. My only issue was, we felt a little rushed to get back from the last place because he had another event pick-up, even though we had paid to have the bus up to a certain time.Regardless, I will use them again on my next trip and request Al be our driver, anytime!
Tip: My advice is to get the party bus versus a limo, as, the roads can be very winding and a lot of girls ended up very car sick the first time I used Rockstar.

Visited April 2012