“Great food at the Santa Barbara Hyatt”
Review of Bistro 1111 - CLOSED

Bistro 1111
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ninos Drive
Transit: Santa Barbara Airbus, Waterfront Trolley and Taxi Services.
Description: Specializes in innovative California coastal cuisine. The menu features fresh, sustainable and local produce and is complimented with wines from nearby wineries. A Santa Barbara favorite for years, yet still modern and comfortable all with an ocean view.
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt for three nights and ate here each night. After work, I would work out and didn't feel like driving so I went to the Bistro each night. The food is great. My favorites were the Brick Chicken and Scallops.

The restaurant is nice and service was very good 2 of the 3 nights.

If your in the area, I recommend you give this restaurant a try - the food and drinks are reasonably priced for the area.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I loved the grilled fish tacos and ahi watermelon ceviche. One waiter was great, one was a young kid who enjoyed talking to me while I was trying to eat my dinner.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

This is the bistro in the Hyatt and they're just across the street from the beach. It's kind of typical of hotel restaurants in that it offers well-prepared meals with good wine selection but isn't exactly cheap. We came here for lunch. They provide bread with butter and oil & vinegar as a starter, so one could go the cheap route and load up (the bread is delicious and they offered us several refills), but we ended up getting a crab & artichoke dip appetizer, wine and entrees. The dip was very good and was served with tortilla chips. The entrees were decent but nothing special. The wine was also good but seemed overpriced.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

My "poor" rating is based on the fact that the food was average, at best, and the service flawed. My hamburger with sautéed mushrooms came without mushrooms. When the oversight was corrected with a small bowl of mushrooms, they turned out to be canned mushrooms that had been prepared improperly … soggy and flavorless. The meat was apparently 90+% lean, which means dry and flavorless. The Cesar salad had no egg, no anchovies, too little Parmesan and too little lemon juice. In the interest of fairness, the flatbread with prosciutto appetizer was delicious, but we should have stopped there. We will not be returning to Eleven Eleven. This is supposed to be a high-end area of the planet; this restaurant lacks the quality to be here.

Chris L, Manager at Bistro 1111, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Hello and thank you for your review, your feedback is important to me.
I'm sorry that the burger did not meet your expectations and left you with the impression that it was of substandard quality, the meat is All Natural Angus beef from Strauss. I assure you that each item on our menu is prepared fresh and is the highest quality. I have shared your feedback with our Chef and he has commited to retraining our team on the proper preparation of the burger as well. The experience that you had does not represent who we truly are at Bistro 1111 and I'd love the opportunity to prove it to you at your next visit.

Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

Just arrived in Santa Barbara for a four day stay through the Christmas holiday. We luckily made this our first meal spot for a late afternoon lunch . Set in the beautifully appointed beachfront Hyatt hotel Bistro has Very nice selections on the menu -though they were out of the popular
Bouillabaisse special. The flash grilled ahi sandwich was perfect. Avocado tomatoe and arugula on a rich egg bun made the combo to die for. I was also delighted with a glass of Sanford Pinot noir as the accompaniment. I highly recommend Bistro 1111 and will come back again.