“Highly recommended!”

Cadiz Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Cadiz Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 563 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Haley and Cota
Transit: Right in front of our building at 509 State St.
Description: Cadiz Restaurant & Bar offers a Seaside Cuisine influenced by flavors from the seaside villages of Italy and Spain. Cadiz offers tapas, pastas, flatbreads, seafood, and entrees. The menu is seasonally driven, and all produce is bought from the local Farmer's Market right outside our front door. Our wonderful selection of seafood dishes come from local, harbor fresh seafood, purchased daily. Our mixology bar offers seasonal, market-fresh cocktails, and on weekend nights Cadiz transforms into an upscale European style bar/lounge at 10:30 until 2am.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Great experience! Cadiz is one of the prettiest restaurants in Santa Barbara, with that being said the service was exceptional. We had Alexandra as our server, and we couldn't have asked for a more attentive, engaging server. The bartender also took the time too come say hi and check how our martini's were tasting. I had salmon which was fresh, high quality, and great flavors. Highly recommend this restaurant as it doesn't disappoint!

1  Thank Norman W

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I was looking forward to coming to this quaint little restaurant on my twin sisters' and my birthday this year. We arrived a little later than expected, but still before the restaurant was closed (and there was more than 1 table of people still inside). We go to the front desk to check in and the hostess comes to us (3 adult women) says one moment then goes to the bartender where they both look us up and down and come back to say they are closed. We were so shocked by the exchanged and we asked how that can be because the restaurant doesn't close for 20 more minutes....They said it was slow and they didn't want to stay open.

I understand this is a touristy town so the service doesn't have to be amazing, but the attitude I received was disgraceful. I may be a young girl but I pay my tabs and tip well, for them to stand their and judge us before deciding if they would seat us or is classless. I wish I could rate this restaurant on the food alone, but that was not even left as an option. I hope management reads these reviews and teaches the staff how to treat all guests with respect moving forward.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

As a Gaucho Alumni and ex resident of Santa Barbara I was asked to plan a party in SB (halfway point for all attendees) to send off a friend into the blissful peace and wonderment of marriage. It had been a while since I planned a nice dinner in the area as I have unfortunately moved away. However, when I did live there, I was fairly dialed into the fine dining/entertainment scene as my employment was tied to the industry, as concierge for a nice enough local hotel. I called around to the few remaining contacts I still had (getting old) and Cadiz was mentioned a few times, it seemed worth investigation.
I found the number, made a call and immediately had the owner on the line, I explained to her what we were looking for and was filled with the sense that I would be taken care of. We were looking for good food, service, and a nice lounge/bar to finish the evening/festivities off with.
We found it here @ Cadiz, the dinner was excellent and came out in a timely manner, as there was 10 of us we had a set menu that even worked around some of our dietary restrictions. The service was prompt, drinks never dry and prices were ridiculous (low) for the quality of the experience. Following the meal we were whisked away to a private table adjacent to the dance floor and were not even expected to purchase bottle service, however, the prices for that were MORE THAN reasonable and that service and experience separately is worth a review about. We were more than happen to get a few bottles and it really made for a nice evening.
The cherry on top was the fact that it was an obvious family run business that cared about our experience.
I visit Santa Barbara often and will definitely be going back to CADIZ. I am still hearing from the guys that attended what an experience this was, thank you for making me look like the HERO of the trip!

2  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Once again at Cadiz and we had a terrific time. Made a reservation and received the apatio "window seat" :)

First the Food: Great bread with whipped SALTED butter - Yum
Crispy calamari was really good, spicy, but the portion too large. We wanted to eat it all, but were afraid we wouldn't have room for more small plates -so sent some back to kitchen. Next the Oxtail gnocchi, rich delicious and the potion perfect for us to each share a taste. The Market Salad - OMG - the flavors were fresh, savory and diverse. i loved the watermelon radish (I think they were pickled) delicious. I would have eaten the whole salad myself, but my husband, intrigued by my groans of ecstasy insisted I trade. For desert the chocolate gateau with salted caramel Nirvana.

And the Tito's Cosmo TERRIFIC!

Oh yeah. The USS Ronald Reagan(aircraft carrier) was in port and it was delightful watching the sailors enjoying their time in our lovely college community.

For a casual evening with great food & lively spirits - I recommend Cadiz.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We ate small plates and shared them so we could try different items on the menu. The gnocchi was great - had a wonderful meat sauce on it. We had the beef skewers which were perfectly cooked and sitting on a beautiful smear of delicious sauce. The caprese salad was interesting, had black olive croutons which we had never had. The service was great and they even had a large crowd of three tables that they were taking care of. We did not feel ignored at all. We would definately go back again!