Spanish Garden Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Kimpton Canary Hotel(Santa Barbara)
  • Pool
Hotel Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)
View Hotel
Simpson House Inn(Santa Barbara)
The Wayfarer(Santa Barbara)
Presidio Motel(Santa Barbara)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Californian(Santa Barbara)
  • Pool
1,299 results
All reviewsquicheunderground parkingmolton brown productsstate streetfrench pressthree blocksjunior suiteseparate showerfew blocksbeautiful courtyardgas fireplacecookiesprivate patioboutique hotelyogurtsmall hotelspanish style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Beautiful grounds; helpful, friendly & accommodating staff; yummy breakfast (included); delicious 3pm cookies!!! and quite possibly the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed at. Great location; 15 min walk to the pier, shorter for shopping and good eats. I want to go back!!!

Stayed: May 2014
Brian C, General Manager at Spanish Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

AC972,

Sometimes I believe that the true secret to our success is those cookies! This review is going on the wall in our Housekeeping office as they are too often under-appreciated in their efforts. Thank you so much for commenting on how clean the rooms and property were.

Come back soon, we will keep a cookie warm for you...

Reviewed 13 May 2014

From the first moment we walked into the Spanish Garden we knew were in the right place. Everyone was attentive to our needs, the team was courteous and very helpful. The atmosphere was special along with the courtyard and the rooms were beautiful. Jordan couldn't do enough for us he made certain that we were comfortable and happy. I forgot my Garment bag and Jordan went out of his way to send the bag to my home. We spent ten days in Cali and this place was by far the best place we stayed in, we want to go back just to spend time at the Spanish Garden.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Michael Z,

Good to hear the garment bag made it home safely. Thank you for the review and the compliments. I will let Jordan know how you appreciated his efforts. We will see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is my husband and my favorite hotel of all time. It is beautiful and we had such a great time. We will go back again and again - and thats a lot to say because we have never chosen to go back to the same hotel, we always want to try something new. Our room was great, Santa Barbara was great, and the wine was great!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Brian C, General Manager at Spanish Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Leah,

Wow, thank you for naming us as your all-time favorite! We really do appreciate the kind words and it is great to see when our efforts are rewarded by satisfied guests.

Happy to have you back...again and again :-)

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I've never encountered a hotel that doesn't offer late check-out, it's something I've only ever used several times but often it's a frequent request and many hotels honor these requests, not the Spanish Garden Inn! Of course I didn't expect to be able to leave late without an additional fee tacked on but keep in mind you're paying $300-$350 per night here, granted Santa Barbara is an expensive area but with rates like that I am appalled late check-out is not offered. Also, be warned check-out is 11 am not noon and 11:30 is considered "late check-out" by this Inn's definitions.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Brian C, General Manager at Spanish Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Katrina,

My sincere apologies for the mis-communication. We do offer late check-out when available and on request for guests. Due to the large size of your group we decided instead to hold one room as a hospitality suite. That room was available for refreshing for members of your group until 4pm.

I do hope that you enjoyed the rest of your stay. I have heard from many other members of the group that they found our facilities to be the perfect match for the events.

Please feel free to contact me directly should you wish to discuss this further. 805-564-4700

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We had a lovely room at the Spanish Garden Inn for two nights. The room / junior suite was spacious and comfortable. We very much enjoyed the breakfast and in particular the warm quiche which had the best pastry I've tasted for a long time. The underground parking is substantial and convenient.
However, we'd have three areas of dissatisfaction:
Firstly, the location is not very central so one must either take taxis, drive or take a walk which could be unpleasant with a freeway nearby.
Secondly, the offer felt a little stingy considering that this was the most expensive accommodation we had booked out of nine different places on our road trip. Similar hotels offer complimentary early evening wine/snacks, drinking water in the rooms etc. However this one did not include anything similar, and had a mini bar in the room which does not feel in keeping with a luxury environment.
Finally, the bath had a sticky ring around it when we arrived. This was dealt with promptly once we brought it to the management's attention.
Overall we would recommend this hotel if there is a special offer on the price.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fussy_People

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry to hear that you missed out on some of our offered amenities. In addition to the complimentary breakfast, parking and wifi we offer coffee, tea, lemonade, ice tea, water, cookies, popcorn and a DVD library free of charge to all our guests.

You will definitely have to return for a future visit so that we may impress you with our service, value and location. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly for reservations and I will gladly assist you personally.