We were able to get a room here for 4 days over the Labor Day Weekend by reserving a "suite" (room 20) for over $385/night. Thus, I hoped for a spacious room but was disappointed with how small and dark it was. The bathroom also had huge cut-outs in the walls so from the bedroom you could watch the person in the bathtub, and also look into the shower and toilet. No privacy or possibility of one of us being able to sleep in while the other took a shower or bath or got dressed. The lighting in the bathroom was far too dim for shaving or putting on make-up - very annoying. The pool was another let-down - very small - not worthy of swimming even a short lap - though it was warm and some children were enjoying it one day.
All the positives mentioned by others are true - the cleanliness, ammenities, great breakfast, and especially attentive and friendly staff. Best of all was the location - we walked to town every day.
Maybe I'm just clueless about prices in Santa Barbara, but for $385+ I was expecting something more than a small dark room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the jewel of luxury boutique Santa Barbara hotels. Spanish Garden Inn offers a sophisticated Spanish-Mediterranean inspired design, quality amenities and close attention to personal service. The hotel epitomizes the vitality of the City and honors its tradition by recreating the history, romance and intrigue of Spanish Colonial Santa Barbara. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Spanish Garden Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn Of The Spanish Garden Hotel Santa Barbara
- Hotel Of The Spanish Garden
- Of The Spanish Garden Hotel